cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make interactive form as print of so that we don't need credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have problem with interactive form. as per the SAP note 736902 we only need credentials for interactive forms not for print forms. How to create a print form in Web Dynpro Java. I created a interactive form and it is working fine when I deploy the application directly to server but when I check in the activity through NWDI it throws error :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF

I am just populating the data in the form from the web dynpro context. Can I make this form as print form so that we don't need to install credentials. Please help in this regard.

Will be waiting for your answer. Thank You,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try form type as standard Form.

Thanks,

Madhukar.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In WDA: form must not be ENABLED, in ABAP printing FILLABLE flag is INITIAL, in WDJ the default value should be "not-interactive" I believe. But it is a form object method and should be easy to find the exact method name.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not finding method to set the value. May be I am doing wrong. Can you please advise. I looked at set methods of IWDInteractiveFrom.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enabled property is available for InteractiveFormUI element in WD Java as well. Right Click on element for the form element and it will display properties in NWDS. From there set enabled to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that before posting the question itself (enables = false), it doesn't work. It just disable the extra features like digital signature and stuff. Interesting thing is all our HCM forms developed for HR actions works fine with out any issues. Why the interactive form developed with WDJ is not working and it requires credentials??. The same form works fine if I deploy the application directly into server but it throws the error if I check in through NWDI ..

If you look at the server location it has the file but it throws the error:

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: IOException occured while creating template stream from the TemplateSource : .\temp\webdynpro\public\sap.com\ess~ben\webdynpro\Components\com.sap.xss.hr.ben.reviewtable.VcBenefitsReviewTable\ReviewTableView_InteractiveForm_Review.xdp (The system cannot find the file specified)

Please advise.

Thank You,

Hari.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once Designer opens goto Edit -> Form Properties --> Goto one of tabs I dnt remember its name now --> From there select Preview Type as Print Form and Document handling as Adobe Static Form.

If above thing does not work then add following code in wdDoModify view

((IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("<Your Form Name>")).setDynamicPDF(false);

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan,

I tried both of them already. In the default tab of form properties : under preview section : I set

Preview Type : Print Form (One Sided)

XDP Preview Format : Acrobat 7(Static) PDF Form

and in wdmodify() method i wrote this code:

((IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("InteractiveForm_Review")).setDynamicPDF(false);

Which is of course a deprecated method.

I did verify ADS configuration with Basis. I kind of struck here. I amnot sure what I am doing wrong and why the form works fine when we do direct deployment and not work when we check in the activity.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Here is the thing, looks like it has nothing to do with reader rights. When I deploy my application directly from NWDS to server i could see the corresponding XDP files in the server location. If I create the activity and checked in the activity through NWDI it doesn't create them in server location as well as it deletes the existing XDP files if any. Very strange. I could see XDP file is included in my activity and I could see them even in DTR. Why it will not deploy them in server through NWDI. I am not sure what wrong I am doing here. Any help would be appreciated.

I Just changed the title of this thread to match with my problem.

Thank You for your time,

Hari.

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on Aug 5, 2010 9:44 PM

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on Aug 5, 2010 9:49 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

--> Check Josef's reply and see if it helps.

Also are you sure that the server you have in NWDS and the server for track you have in NWDI is one and same ?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were you able to resolve this issue? If so then please close the thread and post the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. We are in the process of upgrading to EHP4, I will re-implement my changes in EHP4 content and see if it will fix the problem.