cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - Error: Download prerequisites from same location as my app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a VS2010 installation project and if set prerequisites setting to "Download prerequisites from the component vendor's web site" then all works OK, as it did with VS2008 prior to the upgrade, but if I change the setting to "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application", that worked with VS2008, then I get the following errors:

Error 3 The install location for prerequisites has not been set to 'component vendor's web site' and the file 'CrystalReports 4.0\CRRuntime_14_0_32bit.exe' in item 'SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010' can not be located on disk.

Error 4 The install location for prerequisites has not been set to 'component vendor's web site' and the file 'CrystalReports 4.0\CRRuntime_14_0_64bit.exe' in item 'SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010' can not be located on disk.

I could understand getting an error about the 64bit file as I did not install it but I did download and install CRforNET40_x86 without any errors so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by: turbo56 on Aug 5, 2010 12:39 PM

Modified as per the sticky post at the top of this forum; [Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta - read before posting|;

Edited by: Ludek Uher on Aug 5, 2010 7:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Turbo,

Did you download Beta 2 as per the post link Ludek pasted in?

I doubt this will work at this time, none of the redist has been tested. It should all work when it goes for public release.

I'll make the PM for this problem aware of this so he can comment confirming if it's been tested/supported in beta.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Don I downloaded Beta 2 on 3rd August.

Cheers

/Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why this error occurs is because the Crystal Reports ClickOnce deployment packages are available online which enables the first option, "Download prerequisites from the component vendoru2019s web site". In order to use the "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application", the deployment packages would need to be installed to the local machine. When Visaul Studio is publishing the ClickOnce deployment, it looks locally for the install packages, and will not automatically download from the "vendor's web site". The reason they are not installed to the local machine is to keep the product install size as small as possible.

If you need to use the "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application" option, as a workaround you can manually download the CR ClickOnce deployment packages and copy them to the correct folder and then this option will work. Here are the steps you need to take:

Note: These steps will apply to Beta 2 only.

1. In the following folder, you will find a product.xml file.

\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Crystal Reports 4.0\

2. Open the product.xml file in Notepad (or any text editor) and under the <PackageFiles> section, you will find 2 URLs that point to the 2 deployment packages. Copy each URL into your web browser and manually download the packages.

3. Once the packages are downloaded, copy them to the same folder as the product.xml file (see #1 above).

You should now be able to build and publish your ClickOnce deployment.

-Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for that Mandeep, it worked brilliantly.

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)