cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External breakpoints not working

oliver_pregler
Participant

Hi,

I am working on a CRM 7.0 (SAP_ABA 7.01 SP 6) system and my external breakpoints are not working.

If I set an external breakpoints for my user in a component method or HTML page and I log onto the CRM Web UI

the system hangs. The same happens if I switch on the debugging directly in the component

without breakpoints. I have the same behavior for breakpoints in Web Dynpro code, when I try to execute a WD application.

Breakpoints in ABAP reports are working fine, so I don't think it's a problem of authorities or roles, should be something

with the HTML debugging. I worked on other SAP CRM 7.0 systems before and never had this problem before.

Somebody can help or has an idea?!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Aug 6, 2010 1:57 PM

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Aug 6, 2010 1:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Try this note 1386082.

Regards,

Gaurav

PS: Award points if the answer is helpful

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks for your answer. I checked the it, but as we are on SP 6 level, and the OSS Note you mentioned is already applied.

So it must must be anything else......

Kind regards,

Oliver

Former Member

Hi Oliver,

Try and activate debugging in SICF.

Goto SICF and expand the serivce path "/sap/bc/bsp/sap". Select the node and from the screen menu select Edit->Debugging->Activate Debugging.

Regards,

Gaurav

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I tried that already before, but it's not working. I also checked OSS Note "1415154 - External breakpoint in Web Dynpro components does not work"... but it's not solving my problem either.

Maybe there is a problem with the user identification in the browser, what I want t o says is, that the breakpoints set for my SAP user in the system are recognized by the browser because the system does not know that's me browsing. Just an idea...

Thanks and best regards,

Oliver

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I tried that already before, but it's not working. I also checked OSS Note "1415154 - External breakpoint in Web Dynpro components does not work"... but it's not solving my problem either.

Maybe there is a problem with the user identification in the browser, what I want t o says is, that the breakpoints set for my SAP user in the system are not recognized using a HTTP connection. Don't know, just an idea...

Thanks and best regards,

Oliver

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be intersting if you could post the notes that you have applied.

Best regards,

Caíque Escaler

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no note applied, I just requested a kernel patch level 104.

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Use transaction SRDEBUG. Activate for your user id. Set ext breakpoint and again try testing them, this should work.

Regards,

Harish P M

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

thanks for your idea, but it does not help.

Kind regards,

Oliver

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally a Kernel Update solved the Problem.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Try implementing note 1417159.

regards,

Susanta

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susanta,

we have this note already applied.

Thanks and kind regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Do you have authorization to debug? Try to set sap_all and sap_new to ur user.

Best regards,

Caíque Escaler

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caíque,

yes I have this authorizations and as I wrote before, debugging of ABAP reports works fine. It's just the HTTP debugging that's not working.

Thanks and kind regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Aug 10, 2010 5:27 PM

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Aug 10, 2010 5:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

There is any enhancent set created and are you trying to set the breakpoint in the enhanced code?

If this is happen try to update the view BSPWDV_EHSET_DEF in sm30 with the enhancement set that you are using.

Best regards,

Caíque Escaler

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caíque,

no, there is no enhancement. This seems to happen for every break-point set in Web Dynpro applications or standard CRM Components.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Which component and view u are setting the break?

Are u sure that u are setting external break-point?

Is there any error/exception?

Try to set and infinite loop and debug using trx. sm50. If ur scenario is totaly standard create an enhacement point to set the infitine loop.

DO.
if sy-subrc eq  123.
exit.
endif.
ENDDO.

Hope with the code above u be able to debug.

Best regards,

Caíque Escaler

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caíque,

tried your idea with the endless loop, but when trying to debug in SM50 the system dumps (SYSTEM_CORE_DUMP).

But I can see that the endless-loop is for my user, so it seem that the system identifies my user correctly.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Oliver