Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the calling ABAP WD component with 'SYSTEM_CALLSTACK'

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

When I try to trace a abap web dynpro component with the function 'SYSTEM_CALLSTACK', I get a very cryptic entry under "main program" like /1BCWDY/2A5JNGDP2YQFUSHKTBT2==CP. How can I find the name of the WD component with it? Thank you.

Regards,

Jinchi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

Just go to se38 and enter the name of the generated class, like /1BCWDY/2A5JNGDP2YQFUSHKTBT2==CP. Then navigate to the implementation section and double click at an include there. Within the include, at the top, there is comment section that contains the name of the component/view.

Btw.: Looking at a shortdump using st22 reveals the affected component/view within the description.

Best regards,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

Just go to se38 and enter the name of the generated class, like /1BCWDY/2A5JNGDP2YQFUSHKTBT2==CP. Then navigate to the implementation section and double click at an include there. Within the include, at the top, there is comment section that contains the name of the component/view.

Btw.: Looking at a shortdump using st22 reveals the affected component/view within the description.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your answer! When my method uses the SYSTEM_CALLSTACK function and gets the name of the generated class, I want to give out the name of the webdynpro as an info. So is there a way to find the name directly in my method?

Thanks and regards,

Jinchi

0 Kudos

Hi Jinchi,

Unfortunately, there is no function module/class that I know of. Certainly, the mapping is stored somewhere inside of a database table, but I advise against accessing any of the Web Dynpro related ones directly as things could be changed there without notice.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your help. I will follow your advice :).

Best Regards,

Jinchi