cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP4: Performance Management-Flexible-Transporting the Tab & Process config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

if you are working with flexible performance management, you may have the same struggles i've been having to get the tab and process configuration data transported. this has been especially a pain for us, since our config is in config client, and all unit testing is done in another.

sap released a note very recently : Transport the tab configuration using note '1428054'.

I thought this would solve all my problems, but it is only solved half of it. This note will give you a report that moves only the tab config and not the process config.

as a side note all of the tab config data is stored in HRHAP_TAB* tables, while the process config is modeled differently, they are stored as objects that relationships to each other and to the appraisal template, object type VH.

So to move the process config SAP has given an elegant temporary solution. Long-term it appears their goal will be able to move template, tab, and process all through 1 report, but in the meantime here is how you move the process:

If you want the full document with the screen shots e$mail m$e, check my sdn p$rofile.

The transport option in "PHAP_CATALOG" misses the process configuration (object 'VH'). Therefore this object needs to be transported manually. For this the following needs to be done:

1.	Go to transaction "OOAM" in order to define a new evaluation path. Create a new evaluation path in the "Z*" namespace. The evaluation path should be defined as following: 

2.	Go to transaction "SE38" and execute report "RHMOVE30". Make sure the selection screen looks like this:

The VA object need to correspond to your template and specify the evaluation path you previously created. The rest should look like this screen.
3.	After you verified that the object list should correspond to your template and the process (including phases and steps) defined, unclick "Test" and rerun the report. The result should look like this:

Make sure that you do the following:
a.	Uncheck the template itself
b.	Select all entries in the table (only these get transported)
c.	Click the "Transport/Delete" button to write the request
4.	Go to transaction "SE09" and check the request you just created. Make sure the request only contains the relevant objects. The list should look like this:

If the list is fine, release the request.

This will transport the whole process configuration and should include the relation between the template and the process.

Edited by: Michael L Pappis on Aug 12, 2010 6:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

A part from the old report 'RHHAP_TRANSPORT_TAB_CONFIG' delivered via the note 1428054 PM: Transporting the tab page configuration, there is also a new report 'RHHAP_PA_TEMPLATE_TRANSPORT' delivered via the note1547393 'Transport of appraisal templates together with relevant data' which is user friendly. This report is valid for flexible PM and pre-defined (PMP) as well. Running this report you only need to enter the appraisal template or the appraisal process (PMP) and the report will read and take all the related data over and add them in the customizing request at the end.

Due to the fact that the changes done affected the software component SAP_ABA and EA-HRGXX as well there are some delimitions regarding the corresponding patches. After those patches have been applied in the system, the old report is not valid any longer. It will be set as obsolet.

Therefore it would be much easier to run the new report (if it is possible to upgrade to the corresponding patches).

By the way this is the report, that Michael mentioned at the very beginning:-)

So the old solution was:

1. Execute the template transport from the PHAP_CATALOG using the functionality from context menu

2. Run the report RHMOVE30 for the corresponding template, using the newly created evaluation path as is shown below:

VA A 711 * VH

• A 712 * VH

3. Run the report 'RHHAP_TRANSPORT_TAB_CONFIG' (which affects only HRHAP_TAB* tables)

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Emira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this information.

I used the Report RHHAP_PA_TEMPLATE_TRANSPORT to transport the appraisal template from development to productive system and have the following problems/questions:

Category is created successfully incl. all data

Appraisals are not shown in the category in transaction PHAP_CATALOG. Where is this information stored? I tried to use report RHSOBJCH, but it had no effect.

In the transport I only found HRP1000, HRP1001 AND HRP1002 tables for PD objects. Are the other infotypes not necessary to build the complete appraisal with all configuration? Is the other information stored in the HRHAP* tables?

The infotypes 1000 and 1002 of the appraisal objects were created successfull.

I had problems transporting the HRP1001 entries. They aren't created in the productive system.

Who had the same problems or an idea how to solve the problems and can help me regarding this problem?

Thanks and kind regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone share with me the document? Truly appreciate!

Regards,

Yun

S0012445116
Explorer
0 Kudos

Michael or Yun,

I am running into the same issues when transporting the flexible PM configuration. Can either of you please share with me the documentation as per the discussion above? I would be forever grateful!

Thank you so much in advance!

Dina Hermosillo-Burrus

S0012445116
Explorer
0 Kudos

Its me again, sorry to piggy back on your conversation but I would like to know if an administrator/IT Support needs to configure this for every annual performance period? We have set this up in 10 different languages and I would dislike to repeat these steps each year. So my question to you is, is there a way to copy this for each performance period than having to configure and transport it each year. Can you please share with me your process?

Thanks again!

Dina Hermosillo-Burrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help:

[Transport options in PM|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/25878] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael--thank you for this information. I had a really hard time with this last year when we installed EP4. We were never able to transport the process configuration or the process steps. We had to do it manually.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

a small update on this - i tried this today for the first time, followed the script.

it appears the transport works for the process configuration, except that RHMOVE30 does not move entries from table HRP5028. this happens to be an important table, because this is where the process stores the allowed statuses.

i have opened a message again to sap, will keep info posted

ajimenez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maichael,

YEs, this is the main problem. Can you send me the entire guide or document to complete the VH objects transports?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, do you have any updates on this? is the proposed SAP solution working for table HRP5028?

Thanks,

Tiberiu

ajimenez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

I have made this steps:

1. After a short research, I found the A/B-711 links (IT1001) between VA and VH objects (evaluation templates and process steps), and A/B-712 links between VH - VH objects.

2. Create a new evaluation path (via IMG) with this lines:

- VH / B712 / VH

- VA / B711 / VH

3. In DEV system run the RHMOVE30 report, with VH as objetc type, the new evaluation path in the respective field, and "12345" in the status field. A new transport order created in the respective fied too.

4. Run the report and wait it to add all the entries into the order.

5. Transport the order.

In QAS (quality) system, check the SPRO transacction where you customize the process to the templates, and all process had been transported.

But when the appraisal document is used in MSS or ESS, the iView doesn't show the timeline and process steps.

I have created an OSS Note, they respond "try to add VA-VH to the evaluation path", I have did it and wait for the transport, but I think is not the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimenez,

Adding the VA-VH to the evaluation path, did fix your issue where it's showing the process steps in ESS/MSS? I noticed my steps were added in as processes when I transported in my configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MIke,

Good Thought. Can I have your contact ? This should be definitely a blog !

I could not find from your profile. my contact is in my profile

Aneez