Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FICO certification - necessary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to do a SAP FICO certification course.

I have a few questions/ doubts. Can somebody answer and help?

1. Is it first of all necessary to do a Certification course itself? I enquired around and many people

suggested Siemens, but 3.5 lakhs is very expensive. My doubt is, I have an ICWA qualification and am

currently working as part of the Statutory Audit team for an Automotive company, which uses SAP.

We have only 'view' access, but I can reasonably navigate thru the various modules.

So, is it necessary to get a Certificate at all. Is it not possible to get a SAP FICO consultant job with

one's knowledge of SAP screens and domain? Can somebody help me in answering this query?

2. Assuming a Certificate IS necessary and would be definitely VALUABLE in landing a good job,

is there any other way to sit for this exam other than thru Siemens/ other institutes? If a Certificate

is all that matters, surely there MUST be SOME way to get oneself certified, without having to spend

3 lakhs. Please advise

3. I went across to Siemens, Bangalore about joining their program. They seemed confident (a bit TOO confident)

that they'd be able to place me in a month or two. Iam trying to get in touch with somebody who has gone thru

this course with Siemens. Does anyone know whether they have actually placed people/ help in placements,

as they claim? Or is it all just an eyewash? If there is someone, pls give me an email/ mobile no.

4. Also, can you please clarify what EXACTLY does a SAP FICO consultant DO in an organisation?

What is their role or job responsibilities?

5. Can anyone suggest a few companies which hire SAP FICO freshers? I have gone thru quite a few

job sites and EVERYONE asks for atleast 2 implementations. I mean, only if one GETS IN, can we talk about

completing an implementation. It looks like GETTING IN itself is a big problem

Is it WISE to invest so much money?

I'd not mind if it were to give good returns

Kindly reply to my LONG mail.

I'd feel most grateful

Sincerely

Meenakshi

7 REPLIES 7

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, at last the message format is changed and seeing great Thanks to all.

(EDIT option is working) after user replies, edit is still working

regards

Mahesh

Edited by: maheshchandra.lanco on Sep 27, 2010 5:11 PM

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have heard of few companies specially recruting CA / ICWA candidates. If you have certification additionally then you may surely get a job as a fresher.

If you cant afford 3.5 lacs for Certification then you can go with E learning @ NIIT. It will costs 1.75 lacs.

Best of Luck....

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the helpful info.

I had noticed in jobsites quite a few openings for CAs and CWAs.

What do u think of these small institutes which offer SAP training (but ofcourse not placements, though they promise)

They offer a SAP FICO course for 20,000. Is it worth taking these?

Or if we have SAP access, can we fiddle around and learn on our own, using e-books etc?

regards,

Meenakshi

0 Kudos

in which city you would like to do course? i have heard there are some good institutes in hyderabad for sap training.

It is always better to learn from good institutes. You can join any authorized e learning center and in parallel you join a good institute which will help you in practice and complete your certification quickly.

This is my personal opinion.

0 Kudos

They offer a SAP FICO course for 20,000. Is it worth taking these?

Do not go for such institutions. SAP charges about 3~4L for such course and someone can offer it in less than 10% of the value, then imagine how the quality of the training would be. You would not be trained by a proper consultant, Most of the trainers would not be a SAP Consultant and he himself looking for a suitable opening in SAP.

You have a good qualification and also lucky to work in SAP enviroment,so do not go for such institutues. Join an e-learning academy, take the certification and ask employer to put you in SAP support role in your own organization(so that you can gain access to configuration area also) and simultaneously look for fresher opening.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your educational background & domain experience ?

0 Kudos

Hi Jeykanthan

Iam a CWA. I have a domain experience of about 2 years

cheers

Meenakshi