7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2010 5:29 PM by Meenakshi S.R. RSS

SAP FICO certification - necessary?

Meenakshi S.R.
Currently Being Moderated

Dear all,

I want to do a SAP FICO certification course.

I have a few questions/ doubts. Can somebody answer and help?

1. Is it first of all necessary to do a Certification course itself? I enquired around and many people

suggested Siemens, but 3.5 lakhs is very expensive. My doubt is, I have an ICWA qualification and am

currently working as part of the Statutory Audit team for an Automotive company, which uses SAP.

We have only 'view' access, but I can reasonably navigate thru the various modules.

So, is it necessary to get a Certificate at all. Is it not possible to get a SAP FICO consultant job with

one's knowledge of SAP screens and domain? Can somebody help me in answering this query?

2. Assuming a Certificate IS necessary and would be definitely VALUABLE in landing a good job,

is there any other way to sit for this exam other than thru Siemens/ other institutes? If a Certificate

is all that matters, surely there MUST be SOME way to get oneself certified, without having to spend

3 lakhs. Please advise

3. I went across to Siemens, Bangalore about joining their program. They seemed confident (a bit TOO confident)

that they'd be able to place me in a month or two. Iam trying to get in touch with somebody who has gone thru

this course with Siemens. Does anyone know whether they have actually placed people/ help in placements,

as they claim? Or is it all just an eyewash? If there is someone, pls give me an email/ mobile no.

4. Also, can you please clarify what EXACTLY does a SAP FICO consultant DO in an organisation?

What is their role or job responsibilities?

5. Can anyone suggest a few companies which hire SAP FICO freshers? I have gone thru quite a few

job sites and EVERYONE asks for atleast 2 implementations. I mean, only if one GETS IN, can we talk about

completing an implementation. It looks like GETTING IN itself is a big problem

Is it WISE to invest so much money?

I'd not mind if it were to give good returns

Kindly reply to my LONG mail.

I'd feel most grateful

Sincerely

Meenakshi

Actions