cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Native Client Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error on certain reports that use queries that are generic. The error message is 'Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details:HY000:[Microsoft][SQL Native Client] Connection is busy with results for another command."

The database is SQL 2005. The connection is using ODBC which is using the SQL Native Client with the Windows Authentication and the default database specified. The basic 'SQL Server' ODBC client works fine.

The report has 3 subreports that each seem to work fine individually. Ie, I am able to preview individually with no errors.

This main report uses more than one Command to get the data required. I attempted to recreate the commands in a blank report and received the same errors on 3 out of the 4 commands. What is odd is that the SQL query for 2 of the commands are only different by 1 of the fields. The commands are simple TSQL queries utilizing 3 tables with joins. There is nothing special.

Does anyone have any idea what this error message indicates and why it would work with 'SQL Server' and not 'SQL Native Client' ODBC DSNs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Cr doesn't support the Native client for SQL Server 2005 and older. For Cr XI R2 Service Pack 6 and Cr 2008 Service Pack 3 we now support the SQL Native Client 10 driver ( requires a client tool install from the MS CD )

Only option is to use the 'SQL Server' or use OLE DB which is that same as the native client. Also, I recommend using OLE dB, it's better than the ODBC driver.

Thank you

Don