cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED error while testing HTTP RFC in ECC 6 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ECC 6.0 IDES system - new installation. I have created client 100 which is a copy of client 000. Being an IDES system, client 800 is automatically created.

While trying to connect this system to PI 7.1, I have created one HTTP RFC (H) in client 100 giving the details of PI system which is working perfectly fine. I have maintained the SLD details as well. But on testing the same RFC on client 800, its giving me the error as ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED. I have created the user in PI which is maintained as well.

Even If I create a new HTTP RFC connection in client 800, its giving the same error again. User in 100 & 800 is same and both having maximum authorizations. Any opinions on why I am getting the above said error in Client 800?

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure why you you want to connect IDES system to PI system. But anyway check HTTP trace files in SMICM and paste here so that we can check what is the problem ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SMICM Trace file gives the following log when I am testing the HTTP Connection SAP_PID from SM59 of XYZ Client 100:

[Thr 896] IcmConnConnect: direct connect to <fully qualified hostname of PI system:50000>

[Thr 896] NiHsLGetNodeAddr: found hostname '<fully qualified hostname of PI system>' in cache

[Thr 896] NiIGetNodeAddr: hostname '<fully qualified hostname of PI system>' = addr xx.yy.zzz.lmn

[Thr 896] NiIGetServNo: servicename '50000' = port C3.50/50000

And when I am testing the same connection from SM59 of XYZ Client 800, getting the following log:

[Thr 4928] NiHsLGetNodeAddr: hostname 'proxy' not found by operating system

[Thr 4928] *** WARNING => Connection request from (55/18633/1) to host: proxy, service: 8080 failed (NIEHOST_UNKNOWN)

RM-T55, U18633, 800 ADMINISTRATOR, 19:18:49, M1, W2, SM59, 3/2 [icxxconn.c 2341]

I tried to take the restart of the system but still giving the same error.

Any suggestion???

Br,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you entered the proxy server details for connection?

If yes why are you using this as the system should be within your landscape which may not be required.

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Can you check the hostname and proxy is entered as shown in SMICM transaction.

Thanks,

Hiral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Hiral. It worked.

Appreciate your help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we got same error

error resolved after activate HTTP service in target system.