Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actions Of OM

surajit_chanda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

can anybody tell me what is the actions of OM,i am not talking about PA actions like hiring ,Organisation Reassignment,Termination etc

regards

Sur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OM actions are defined and used to create OM Objects without entring into indvidual infotype screens manually. The use of Actions is highly recommended when you want to create objects withouts missing out on critical details of Object.

It is assumed that you want to create more than just object and its default relationship outside Simple Maint. Screens.

Regards

Yash

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

a related question about pp03 .

where can I define checks that will be checked before entering the action ?

for example , I defined one action for a position that is occupied  and another action for a position that is not occupied .

I want to check the position status before entering the action .

Thanks

Lizu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define the Actions of OM

SPRO->PM-ORG management-> Basic settings-> Maintain personnel Actions

example

The personnel action "Create organizational unit" includes the following steps:

Creating the "Object" infotype (1000)

Creating the "Description" infotype (1002) with the "General Description" subtype (0001)

Creating the "Department/Staff" infotype (1003)

Creating the "Relationship" infotype (1001) with the "Cost Center Assignment" subtype (A011) for object type "K" (Cost Center).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I'm configuring OM actions to create different objects. and I want to use the function code NEWL, for second language maintenance. and when i run the acction I get the following error:

'infotype 1000 skipped for lack of authorization'.

Is there a way if that option doesn't work to call program RHTRANSO or transaction (RE_RHTRANS0) within a OM action?

Any tip on this issue?

Many thanks in advance

Greeting from Switzerland

Former Member
0 Kudos

check these tcodes

PQ03 - Action to create a Job

PQ10 - Action to create Organization Unit

PQ13 - Action to create a Position

PP03 - Master Tcode (in this tcode you have to specify the object type)

these Tcodes are mapped in the integration table T77S0 with the default actions.

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transaction PP03 to run OM actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Om Actions are like PA Actions..

When you a create a Position,

you make a sequence that update relationship for orgunit, Relationship for Job,Then if you any other infotypes need to be maintained for a object you can do that.If you have some mandatory to be filled in you organaization.Then you can make that infotype mandatory...

Check the tcode pp03 there are some standard actions available.it will helpful

Regards,

Nachy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concept of Actions are same in PA and OM, Executing set of IT in a predefined sequence. Transaction code for executing actions in OM is PP03. This will enable you to enter the presefined seq of OM IT. Check it once

Cheers

Sagar