cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB50 Edit System Settings dialog box missing Short Text

chris_bowling
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello. We are on ECC 6.0 and are in the testing phase of applying Support Packs and Ehancement Pack 4. When looking at the Edit System Settings dialog box for FB50 (you get there by clicking on the little blue, white and yellow square in the top right hand corner of the FB50 line item section, then clicking on the Administrator icon) I noticed that the column titled "Column" is missing most, but not all, of the short text of the field names. The system we are using for testing is a copy of our development system plus the support packs/Enhancement Pack 4. When I look at the same thing in development, all the short text names are there for the fields so I am assuming something in the SPs/EHP4 changed this. Did anyone else run into this and/or found a way to make the short text names reappear? It is sort of cumbersome not having the short text to know what the technical filed name is referring to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Chris

Please go to txn FB50 -> System -> status ->

Please check under transaction variant if you have assigned a screen variant.

Please review note 331997.

If you don't want to use only one screen variant in this transaction please delete the screen variant of the transaction variant. Then you should see all screen variants. You could check this in transaction SHD0. Enter your transaction and the variant and press the button 'Assign screen variant'.

Note 546889 (FAQ: Screen variants in FI Enjoy Transactions), Item [6] could relate to your issue as well.

Refer to note 430830 for information purposes only. The note details that as of Release 4.6C Support Package 29, the handling

of the screen variants is improved in the FI EnjoySAP Transactions. The handling is personalized completely, the system provides you with only the user-specific pool of screen variants.

The following notes may also be of help to you:

711015 FI: Non-Existent Document Fields

578876 Cannot add screen variants to menu tree in Enjoy Transaction

537463 EnjoySAP: new screen variant does not contain all items

If none of those help:

(1) Go tcode FB50.

(2) Enter the company code.

(3) Click on the "Table Settings" button on the top right corner of the screen variant.

(4) The "Table Settings" dialog box will appear. Click on the <Administrator> button.

(5) Scroll down the fields until you find the fields you want.

(6) Check if they are marked as invisible but do not appear on the screen.

Please also check the length of the fields is not set to zero.

I hope this information helps.

M Trein

Edited by: Marcelo Trein on Aug 20, 2010 8:30 PM

chris_bowling
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for your reply. It is not the screen variant I am having a problem with. All the fields I want to show up on FB50 are showing up. My issue is when I go the Table Settings dialog box (FB50->click on blue/yellow/white Configuration button) and then click on the Administrator icon. The resulting dialog box titled Edit System Settings has the following column headers:

1. Column

2. Fld name

3. Position

4. Length

5. Invisible

The first column used to have text in it describing what the Fld name was. For example, in our Production/Quality/Development systems a sample row from this dialog box would look like:

1. Column - G/l acct

2. Fld name - ACGL_ITEM-HKONT

3. Position - 2

4. Length - 10

5. Invisible - not checked

The same row in our test system with the SPs/EHP4 applied looks like

1. Column - [blank] (<------- Text is missing????)

2. Fld name - ACGL_ITEM-HKONT

3. Position - 2

4. Length - 10

5. Invisible - not checked

Somehow all most all of the entries that used to be in the Column column are missing. Just wondering how to get the text data to populate the first column again. Thank you again for taking time to answer my question, it is appreciated.

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I misunderstood the issue. I did some analysing here using a test system, and I found that the column values are populated from table D021S. I found note 215798 which might be related to the problem you have. Could you give me a list of the fields which are not populated? Are they special fields?

M Trein

chris_bowling
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

We didn't add any custom fields. It is easier to list the fields that do have something in the first column (see below). All the rest are missing the text in the first column. Perhaps it is something in the way we made the copy of our DEV system. Thanks again for your help.

The below accounts have the correct text in the first column.

ACGL_ITEM-XSKRL

ACGL_ITEM-LTEXT

ACGL_ITEM-BUKRS

ACGL_ITEM-XNEGP

ACGL_ITEM-EOBJ

ACGL_ITEM-ERLKZ

The below accounts have "______________________" in the first column instead of any text.

ACGL_ITEM-STATE

ACGL_ITEM-KONTO_TXT

ACGL_ITEM-SHKZG

ACGL_ITEM-WRBTR

The below account has "0.00" in the first column instead of any text.

ACGL_ITEM-DMBTR

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Chris. Thanks for the information.

This is very strange. Could you check whether there were any transport errors and let me know which ones you got, if any?

M Trein

chris_bowling
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I talked to our Basis team about any transport errors. We looked at the FB50 program SAPMF05A, structure ACGL_ITEM, and program SAPLFSKB (along with screen 0100). Version management showed we didn't have any transports that touched these objects as we generally don't modify standard transactions. My basis team suggested that I open a message with SAP. Thanks for your help.

Chris

chris_bowling
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Just to close the loop and provide anyone else who is interested with a solution. SAP provided the following two notes which seemed to have fixed the problem.

1431977 Table control configuration

1460044 Table control configuration

Thanks for your assistance.

Chris