cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Wahouse Information error on DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a client on SBO 2007 SP 00 PL 49 and DTW version 2005.0.26 API version 8.0.181.

I get an error: Field Cannot be Updated(ODBC - 1029)Application-Defined or object-defined error65171 when I try to update the folllowing information:

Item:

RecordKey, ItemCode, DefaultWarehouse, ForeignName.

1, 40-201, MAIN, Test

ItemWarehouseInfo:

RecordKey, LineNum, MaximalStock, MinimalOrder, MinimalStock, WarehouseCode.

1, 0, 500, 200, 100, TEST

I did this for 30 Items:

3 Was updated sucessfully - These items did nto have Warehouses in the Inventory tab.

27 Was not updated due to 2 Errors:

Field Cannot be Updated(ODBC - 1029)Application-Defined or object-defined error651.

The Warehouse cannot be deleted; stock is currently in the Warehouse. (I solved this one)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Marli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warehouse Code is not update-able as soon as you have any transaction locked it. You may only update its name.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

What we try to do is add a new Warehouse to some Item Master Data.

Is this also not possible?

Thanks,

Marli

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said: 3 Was updated successfully - These items did not have Warehouses in the Inventory tab. I think you can add them, don't you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Yes, for the ones that had no Warehouses, it was able to add this warehouse with the update.

The ones that had warehosues was not able to add this new warehouse. Is it not possible to add a new warehouse with the update?

Thanks,

Marli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Linenum must be different from the existing warehouse. You may leave it blank to try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

In this DB we do not have a numbered codes for Warehouse codes, only text. But we can give this a try.

Marli

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Each warehouse need one line. You may run this query to get the linenum for warehouse:

SELECT itemcode, count(whscode) 'No. of Warehouses' from OITW

Group By itemcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Thanks, that worked.

Marli

Answers (0)