cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove duplicate records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to know if you could assist me. I am now responsible for reporting our inside sales activities which includes (each month), outbound calls made, opportunities created, opportunities won $, etc. We use SalesLogix as our tool. I have been working with Business Objects and have pretty much created the report I need. The only problem I have is it will pull in duplicate records because my query is based on u201Ccampaign codesu201D attached to SLX opportunities. When an opportunity is created in SLX, it automatically assigned an opportunity ID (ex: OQF8AA008YQB) which is distinctive. However, when we attach more than one u201Ccampaign codeu201D it duplicates the opportunity.

Is there a way to remove duplication in Business Objects? I have no luck finding this information internally or elsewhere. Would you be kind enough to help me out here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

Every query created in Business Object has got some properties, and one of them is "Retrieve duplicate rows", keep that disabled and you should be able to achieve the result.

The other option you get on the report, where we have the table property which is "avoid duplicate row aggregation".

Check if one of this is some help to you and also let us know if this all did not make any sense to you.

Note - I am referring to these in webi report.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I tried the suggestion but it did not seem to work. By clicking the "avoid duplicate row aggregation", it produced more duplications. I cannot seem to find the "Retrieve duplicate rows" to disable it. I guess I am a novice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try below login and see if u can avoid duplicate rows

<b> ForEach(<Object name that is unique at the database level>)

<b>--Column name you want to display unique

-Gokul.