cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the implimentation of Open Channel communication Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

can somebody pls tell me How to activate the implimentation of Open Channel communication Method in CRM Marketing.

I have a scenario where I need to create a task for every BP inculded in the Target group inside Campaign Management.

When I am trying to exceute the campaign using Open Channel communication Method I am getting an error:

Job Status: Job Erroneous

Diagnosis

You want to start campaign execution using the open channel. The communication medium does not contain any other channels that can be started with lower priority. Furthermore, there is no active implementation of the open channel in the system.

System Response

The campaign execution is terminated. The status is set to With Errors.

Procedure

Activate an implementation of the open channel in the IMG and restart the campaign execution.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashank Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

For Opem channel you can follow steps of customizing document: C22: CRM Lean Campaign Management on best practices site: http://help.sap.com/bp_crm70/CRM_DE/HTML/index.htm and the business process documentation for C39: Lean Campaign Management on same site.

But how to intend to create a task for every BP inculded in the Target group using the Open Channel?

Why don't you use a communication medium with business transaction generation?

Regards,

Susana Messias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shashank,

Is your question answered? If so, please mark it as such or indicate what input you still require.

Thanks & Regards,

Anik Roy

SAP Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls explain the process to create transaction by communication medium.

Thanks & regards,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Go to SPRO: CRM > Marketing > Marketing Planning and Campaign Management > Campaign Execution > Define Communication Medium

Here if you are on CRM 7.0 release you already have a communication medium of example: ACTV, that generates documents of type 0010.

You must create your own communication medium, with communication method "Generate contact" and indicate which transaction type should be generated. In your case, set here your visit document type.

Then you create a campaign for this communication method, assign a target group and execute campaign.

After job execution if you check the last documents created on CRMD_ORDERADM_H table, you will see the generated visits.

Regards.

Susana Messias