cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Reciept Mandatory in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to make Good reciept field mandatory in PO. I have made the Good recieot field as default from account assignmnet category as below

IMG->MM->Purchasig->Account assignment ->Maintain account assignmnet category.

I have checked the box Good receipt and Invoice reciept for the account assignmnet category K.

and the made the field as madatory by going to the screen layout of PO.

IMG->MM->purchasing->Purchase Order->Define screen layout at Document level.

I have made the field GR/IR Indicator mandatory for NBF. but after that the GR-Non Valuated also becomes mandatory by default.

We do not want GR-Non valuated to be mandatory in the PO .

Please let me know why GR-Non valuated is becoming mandatory and how we can remove also any other way to make the field Goods receipt as mandatory in the PO without making that as display.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam.

P.S : Point would be awarded for sure for correct answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all this answered links

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the goods receipt is mandatory to a normal PO or a account assigned PO? If account assigned is it a text material or MMR material?

this field also gets defaluted from vendor master or info record. If account assigned , you can also control through account assignment definition.May be GR Non valuted check box defaulted from account assignment definition .Please check.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghevendra

The PO is account assigned PO and its a text PO with material group.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you control it directly in customizing IMG->MM->Purchasig->Account assignment ->Maintain account assignmnet category.

No need to change anything in screen layouts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You are right we can control it through account assignmnet category. So in account assignmnet category for K if i maintain the check box "Goods Reciept " and " GR Ind. Firm" then my Goods reciept is defaulted in PO and becomes non modifiable ,

however we do not want that coz it will prevent my old PO in the system to going in change made as if the PO did not had the Good receipt field checked earlier then there is no way we could check that field.

so we are trying to make the field mandatory through the screen customization. this will enable user to check box goods reciept in Old PO if that did not have that checked.

but the moemnt i make the field as mandtory in screen i am not sure why the GR-Non valuated becomes mandatory. when creating a PO it ask me to make PO as GR Non Valuated.

Hope all is clear with my requirement .

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

goods receipt will be done after PO. then how you maintian GR field as mandatory in po?

But you can make GR check box as mandatory at account assignment category > details