Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and drop file to leaf of tree control

peter_langner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to drag a file from the desktop or windows explorer and drop it to the leaf of a tree in a tree control. Than the file is uploaded to some storgage and its name is shown under the leaf.

Is it possible to implement this with one of the tree controls?

If yes, can someone give me a hint, how to implemet it?

Is there any sap standard transaction, where this is implemented?

Do you know of any demo programm?

Thank you in advance,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Langner on Aug 25, 2010 4:18 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Honestly I don't feel that you can achieve your requirement through SAP Control Framework - Tree Control. You can use the

Drag and Drop feature to move between Leaves of a tree but I don't think you can drag it from Windows Desktop.

You can have a look at SAP delivered examples by Tx. DWDM.

Also have a look at the Package - SLIS. This is an immense repository of ALV, SAP Control Framework code and demos. You will have to look at the DND Programs which will give you an idea as to how to implement it.

There is a class - CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES which provides you a bag full of methods to deal with uploading and downloading of Windows Files. You can think of some or other ways of using that in normal ABAP Dynpros or ABAP Web Dynpros to upload/download files.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Samantak.

6 REPLIES 6

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Honestly I don't feel that you can achieve your requirement through SAP Control Framework - Tree Control. You can use the

Drag and Drop feature to move between Leaves of a tree but I don't think you can drag it from Windows Desktop.

You can have a look at SAP delivered examples by Tx. DWDM.

Also have a look at the Package - SLIS. This is an immense repository of ALV, SAP Control Framework code and demos. You will have to look at the DND Programs which will give you an idea as to how to implement it.

There is a class - CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES which provides you a bag full of methods to deal with uploading and downloading of Windows Files. You can think of some or other ways of using that in normal ABAP Dynpros or ABAP Web Dynpros to upload/download files.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

drag&drop or drag and relate, as SAP calls it, always need common 'flavors' at source and target areas. And there is nothing the desktop and the SAPGUI-provided controls have in common.

Try this: Create a (grid) control, read the desktop directory, put the files read (with some attributes?) in the grid and let the user select file(s) for processing. You can drag from the grid list to any kind of ALV or better SALV tree.

I think the user will be happy not to have to work with his (cluttered) desktop but to have the dektops content nicely ordered (and filtered) on a SAP grid.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter ,

i never done such kind of programs , but u can ref GOS functionality when u can see the Drag & Drop of Files.

FB02->GOS>create attachments -->Store Business Documents -->

sample program : Function Group : ALINK_DRAG_AND_DROP.

regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

We are on EEC 6 and we have a need for users to drap/drop or cut/paste windows documents to an FB02 screen to be saved on the archive server. The current process is too many clicks.

Please could you share more info?

I'm also looking for the sample program ALINK_DRAG_AND_DROP you mentioned.

Thanks.

soyab

0 Kudos

Dear Soyab,

if you think of dveleoping something individual, please make sure you have the right SAPGUI version, which supports this drag & drop functionality from the Windows Explorer. See Note 1650420. You might also find note 1496125 helpful.

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

We are using OpenText doculink for all our user uploaded attachments.

The GOS menu options 'create attachments' and 'store business doc' have been modified to point to OpenText.

Our users are getting frustrated with the number of clicks to attach a document and want to drag and drop windows documents to the SAP screen and let the archivelink manage it and store it on CMS (OpenText). Any ideas how best to achieve this without using SAP DMS etc?

Thanks.

Soyab