Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete the Company Code assigned to Collection Segment

former_member636854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have accidentally assigned Company Code to wrong Collection Segment, I need to delete the Company Code from the segment. System throws error - Deletion of company codes not possible in released segment

I had search in the forum and could not find the exact solution for that. Could anyone pls help to provide the solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what people are saying here is that you can link the unwanted Company Code to a segment that you never use.

Also when scheduling your FI-AR to FSCM update job you can remove the unwanted company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Though I completely agree with your point, what I wanted to say is that in case a company code has been wrongly assigned to a segment and the segment released, then we can no longer delete that company code from that segment. Then in that case we have to create a new segment and then assign this company code in that segment. In the collection profile, then we have to assign the new segment and remove the old segment.

Actually this is kind of perplexing for me. If we have been using the segment for some time and then later we add a company code by mistake to a wrong segment. Then there should be a provision to delete the company code at least before any data is transferred from FI to collections management. I am not aware of any other solution for this problem. Your valuable comments please.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help me deleting a collection segment thats already released? system does not allows it to be deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once a collection segment has been released, you can no longer delete the company code. This is SAP standard behaviour.

However you can continue to use the company codes segment in other segments and through that to other collection profiles.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

So will the worklist be generated normally for the company codes that have been released in more than 1 segment ??

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though the company code can be used in multiple segments, under 1 collection profile, a company code can be assigned to exactly 1 collection segment only. Hence the worklist will be generated for the collection group assigned to the collection segment in which that company code is assigned. Thus there will not be a problem when you are generating worklists.

Regards,

Ravi