Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodity creation FTR_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are on Ecc 6.0 and EHP4 and trying to map Commodity derivatives

Since there are no delivered Product types,i created a product type 80C and assigned transaction types and update types in IMG

Then when i create a transaction using FTR_CREATE for product type 80C and transaction type 100, i get an Short dump stating "The system attempted to use dynpro 0000 in program SAPLFTR_CTY_OTC" however this dynpro does not exist"

I am entering company code,product type,transaction type and business partner as entry parameters

What is to be entered in field ID number - is this relevent for commodities or only for securities

How is this ID created? can this be the reason for the dump

Can any one please let me know the sequence of steps to create a commodity transaction

Please help

Regards

swami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to know how you have created new product type. It is always advisible to create new product type by copying existing product types. This helps to avoid above mentioned issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, there is a KBA released on a dump related to a dynpro when setting update types. Maybe it could help.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2153368

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The product types have to be delivered by SAP. Because, the processing logic is driven based on product type. FTR_CREATE is a generic transaction in which you can transaction any product type. So, unless a processing routine which handles that product type is available, you cannot do the trasaction because the system does not know how to process that product type. Though you can define your own product type, it doesnt really help in many cases.

You can try searching OSS for any notes that may be available to include product types in your system.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is necessary to create a commodity master before creating purchase/sale transaction for commoditiy trading. Use TCode - TPM_CTY_MASTER to create a commodity master data.

Regards

Prasad AV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a commodity master, but still encountering the error.

I m entering the company code,product type,Transaction type,Business partner (Counterparty role) and int he field ID number - i am entering the commodity master created

Still getting the dump.

Is it anything to do with EHP4?

Please help

Regards

swami