cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Departure country for Tax in Customer master and Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD team,

I have some question about country of Tax in Customer master and Material master.

When I create a customer master in sales Area Data, Tab "Billing document" the screen will show tax country more than one country and can maintain Tax classification.

As the same problem in Materail master in view "Sales Org. 1".

But I would like the system to shown only one country. How to check and config?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Bix2010

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OVK1 and ensure that the Tax Category is maintained only for the origin country.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayakumar,

I have checked the tax category by country has only 1 seq. per country for MWST.

Country u2018CNu2019 has only 1 seq. which is MWST (for company A, Sale org A001).

Country u2018MYu2019 has only 1 seq. which is MWST (for Company B, Sale org B001).

When I create customer (Sold-to Party) for sale org A001 the tax will be shown only country u2018CNu2019,

But if I create new customer for sale org B001 the tax will be shown 2 countries u2018CNu2019 and u2018MYu2019.

Please help.

Best regards,

Bix2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After your last update, you may have a misconception that.. this setting is restricted to Sales area and company code level..

To clarify, For example.MWST. if you are maintaining MWST for GB,RU/UA/MX/US then irrespective of sales area or company code all countries will be displayed at sales view. for example you can check this with adding few more countries for tax MWST.. all will display.. in customer master and Material master.

This setting is at country level not at Sales area level.

Hope this help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Inaddition to the last update.. I can understand the your exact query.. sorry i misintrepreted it.

The linkage is with sales org/Distribution channel and plant assignement in entriprise structure..

For eg. for sales area view X101/OG/01.. If the assignment is as follow..

X101 OG X101 Sales Org. 1 Outside Group

-->

X101 CORE DC GB profile 0 -->GB

X109 Core Project Plant abroad IT --> Itally

Then you can find entries in field KNVI-ALand as follows

IT -MWST

GB-MWST

Hope this address your query

Edited by: S. Vijayakumar on Aug 31, 2010 7:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayakumar,

I cannot find as your recommendation.

My IMG as below:

Taxes

- Define tax determination rules

- Define regional codes

- Assign delivering plants for tax determination

- Define tax relevancy of master records

- Maintain sales tax-identification number determination

- Plants Abroad

-- Maintain and assign pricing procedure

-- Maintain billing type and billing type proposal

-- Maintain copying control

-- Maintain billing relevance for item categories

-- Assign G/L account to account key

-- Maintain declaration numbers

How to select ?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Bix2010

Edited by: Bix2010 on Aug 31, 2010 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-> Define tax determination rules ---> select this node.. and see how many entries are made against the respective taxes..

You can control it based on the same. This node will control the display of the country..

- Define tax relevancy of master records --> this relevance for the respective master data.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishnan,

I understood about table KNVI which is kept the data of customer in part of Tax classification (not relate with sales area).

But I have the problem.

1. If I create customer in sale area data in A001 (company A) before sale area data in B001 (company B) then the system will show only country for 'CN' for company A.

2. if I create customer in sale area data in B001 (in company B) before sale area data in A001(company A) then the system will show both countries for 'CN' and 'MY' for company B.

Why does the tax country show different?

Please advise me.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Bix2010

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bix

You need to check the Configuration of Tax Determination and you should also check the plant tax as your material master can be maintained in that plant(s) also

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax assignment based on country is done at following node..

IMG->SD-->Basic function->Taxes->DEfine tax assignment at country --> this settting controls the display of country at masterdata.. ie customer master data view .Billing and Material master data view Sales org view,

Tax assignment at master data level is done at IMG->SD-->Basic function->Taxes->DEfine tax relvance at masterdata

Hope this answer your question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I checked the Tcode OVK1 which we set many countries for Tax category 'MWST' because 1 client is used more than 1 company.

Example

Company A has sale org 'A001', country in China and set tax category 'MWST'.

Company B has sale org 'B001', country in Malaysia and set tax category 'MWST'.

When I create customer master in sale org 'A001', the system will show only tax country is 'CN'.

But if I create customer master in sale org 'B001', the system will show tax country 2 lines are 'CN' and 'MY'.

Please let me know. How to set company B to show only tax country for 'MY'.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Bix2010

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bix,

The billing view in sales area data is not just restricted to the sales area we are changing or creating. It is common for the entire set of data created for the customer irrespective of the sales org to which the customer is extended. You have to maintain this data for all tax categories and the countries it is influencing in this view. This data will come for all countries irrespective of which sales organisation view you are opening.

Technically the details are updated in the table KNVI, which doesnot have any data related to sales area. It makes sense, because even though customer is from a particular sales area, the data for maintaining tax classification is not sales area specific and is dependent on the countries and the tax categories.

Hence it will always be necessary to maintain the tax categories for all the relevant countries as per the tax configuration irrespective of the sales area for which the customer is changed or created.

For mass update on this, the BAPI, CUSTOMER_UPDATE can be used. We have used it for enabling the additional service tax for EU countries and this BAPI is very efficient to update the KNVI tables.