cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME2O Unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

We have maintained the Component for BOM in a customized Unit of measure "ZPI", which is actually the same as PC but with 3 decimal point, eg: 1.005

But when we run ME2O, the unit of measure shown as PC instead of ZPI, can i know if there is anything i need to set in the material master ?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Chee Wee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same problem. Base unit of measure for material is EA, but in BOM alternative unit of measure is used, which is M2. For PO line, component quantities are calculated correct, but in ME2O all required quantities are rounded to full base units of measure. In our case that is huge difference and not acceptable for business.

Where alternative unit of measure should be maintained, to force ME2O to use it instead of BUoM?

Thanks,

Maris

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if quantities get rounded, then this is caused by rounding rules but not by conversion rates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

do you know what ME2O can use for rounding, if there are no rounding rules provided in material master?

Maris

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you give a real example with quantities an units?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

we have a subcontracting BOM with single component. Component quantity in BOM is 0,90 M2.

Component basic unit of measure is 1 EA, which is 4,5 of M2.

In subcontracting PO we need 2 EA of parent item, which is 1,80 M2 of component according to BOM. That is correct.

But component list in PO displays, that quantity conversion is 1,80 M2 = 1 EA, but according to material master 1 EA is 4,5 M2, which completely wrong.

After that we have trouble in all business transactions, not only in ME2O. Also MD04 shows completely wrong quantities and at the moment I cannot figure out why system converts 1,80 M2 to 1 EA not 0,4 EA.

We don't have any problems with materials, which have basic unit of measure m2. Problems with quantities we have, when base unit is EA, but M2 is alternative unit.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked for a real example.

Reading your numbers make me think that this is not a real example, because:

according to material master 1 EA is 4,5 M2

This figure cannot even be maintained in a material master, you can only enter numbers without decimals in unit conversion, hence it must be 10 EA <=> 45 .

But you said, it is wrong anyway, So why dont you correct the material master?

After you corrected the material master, create a new PO, then try ME2O again and see if it is more satisfying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

please excuse me for not being precise. In material master alternative unit is set as you described:

45 M2 m2 <=> 10 EA each

I hope you will nevermind this small inaccuracy of mine.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we need 2 EA of parent item, which is 1,80 M2 of component according to BOM. That is correct.

if above is correct, then why dont you change the material master conversion from 45 m2 <=> 10 EA to

20 EA <=> 18 M2 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't do it, because 1 EA is 4,5 M2 and this component is used in many BOMs. In one BOM this component it 0,9 M2, in other BOM it is 0,35 M2, in third BOM it is 0,16 M2.

In ME2O and MD04, which are used by planners, all quantities are rounded to 4,5 M2 (1 EA).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said before:

In subcontracting PO we need 2 EA of parent item, which is 1,80 M2 of component according to BOM. That is correct.

if 2 EA are 1,80 m2, then the ratio is 10 EA = 9 m2 and not 10 EA = 45 m2

Or do you want to say that for each BOM the conversion between EA and M2 has a different ratio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

10 EA <=> 45 M2 that is conversion factor of component alternative unit in material master.

Those 2 EA we order of a parent item from subcontractor, which means that we need to provide 1,80 M2 of component material. That is ratio coming from BOM.

ME2O as well as MD04 shows that we need to provide 1 EA, which is 4,50 M2 of component, not 1,80 M2.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this is caused by the fact that you display/round only to 0 decimals for EA.

Check in CUNI and extend the decimals and rounding to 3 for EA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

unfortunately you are right. Either we change definition of unit EA or ask SAP to modify conversion in subcontracting details screen of PO. At the moment neither of them are possible.

I would award you 10 points, if this would be my question. Thank you very much for time and patience.

Maris

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Can i know if there is SAP standard way to change the display unit of measurement in ME2O without changing the base unit of measurement?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Guru,

>

> Can i know if there is SAP standard way to change the display unit of measurement in ME2O without changing the base unit of measurement?

Not that I know.

Did you always talk about the list that is shown in ME2O, because I meant the unit of measure field that you get on the po-up when you create deliveries in ME2O

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be made base unit of measure.also check the SC PO maintained for the material component for the PO unit of measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maniatian the alternative unit of measure in Master Master addtional Data.

Thanks

Prabakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks, but i already maintained the ZPI in the additional data --> unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

basic unit of measure will be shown in reports.

ZPI may not be basic unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check the BOM and as well the P.O where the BOM component assigned. There might chances of giving the PC instead ZPI.

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear chakrapani ,

Can i know why the ZPI cannot be the base unit of measure? is there a way to define it as base UOM?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear chakrapani ,

>

> Can i know why the ZPI cannot be the base unit of measure? is there a way to define it as base UOM?

any unit can be used as base unit.

Is ZPI your base unit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

In the material master, the base unit is PC, but in the BOM component is ZPI

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to enter a goods issue unit in your material master storage location view and see if it defaults to ME2O then

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

In the Plant data / storage 1, the unit of issue is "ZPI" but the base unit of measure is "PC".

I tried to create a new PO, but in ME2O, the unit of measure still shown as PC instead of ZPI.

And i tried to change the base unit of measure to ZPI, but the system prompt me an error message Message no. M3336 "Unit of measure ZPI used as alternative unit"

Can you please advice?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you want it actually to be?

If you want ZPI as order unit, the you can enter purchase order unit ZPI in purchasing data view of your material master, while you have PC a base unit.

If you want to change the base unit, then you first have to remove all ZPI unit from the fields where it is currently entered. then save the material, then go again in with MM02 and try to change the base unit from PC to ZPI.

But because the material is already used, I doupt that a change of base unit will be possible.

Again, if you want ZPI as unit in the PO, then maintain order unit.

if you want move the component with ME2O with ZPI unit, then maintain ZPI as issuing unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jurgen.

Actually i just want to create the delivery of component by ME2O with ZPI, but i have checked the issue unit already maintained as ZPI in Plant data Stor1 view in material master, but in ME2O, the unit is still shown as PC.

Can you please advice what could be the reason?