cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the width of the columns of search help popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement wherein I need to reduce the width of the columns in a search help popup.

Actually, I have 4 columns( fields) in searc help popup and all are having the same width and due to this user couldn't

able to see the complete text of the last column.

Component name : BP_DATA

View name : BP_DATA/CorpAccountIndustriesList

Context Node : BUILINDUSTRYSECTOR

Attribute : STRUCT.INDUSTRYSECTOR

Here 'CRM_UIU_BP_INDUS_SECTOR_SHELP' has been used to get the popup

This is having following fields..

ISTYPE -- CHAR3

BEZ30 --- CHAR30

IND_SECTOR-- CHAR10

TEXT -- CHAR100

Since the system is giving same width to all of the above fields even though there are fields with less than 5 characters and this is taking more space, due to this the last field text can be seen partially not completely.

So if we reduce the width then we can be able to see the whole text of the last column/field

Best Regards

Anil M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am facing a similar issue in which I have to adjust the width of the column in the pop up.

Can you please help me out

Thanks and Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the component and view called in the popup,in the configuration tab, set the width in pixels(under the field "Column Width" for each field that you have. This way you can customize the widths as per your requirement. You could also increase the size of the popup itself, this you can do by using the 'SET_WINDOW_WIDTH' and 'SET_WINDOW_HEIGHT' attributes of the popup.

Regards,

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually all the fields are not part of the component. System is calling 'CRM_UIU_BP_INDUS_SECTOR_SHELP' search help and somehow it is building a popup.

Following are the fields...

ISTYPE -- CHAR3

BEZ30 --- CHAR30

IND_SECTOR-- CHAR10

TEXT -- CHAR100

If you want to check this, please open any Account in Web UI and open any one account and inside we can see a block called

'INDUSTRIES' in which we can see a field called 'INDUSTRY ID' and this field is having the F4 help so if you try to open this

then you can see above mentioned 4 fields.

Now I want to reduce the width of first 3 fields in the popup so that I can have the more space for the last field to see the whole text..

Hope you understood the problem. If not please write me I'll you much more clearer than this.

Best Regards

Anil M

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sarat

Can you help me for this problem ?

Best Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Solved it with some other alternative way.Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you please let us know how you resolved the issue. I am also need to implement this.

regards,

Vicky

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

misread the issue.

Edited by: Amar Nath on Aug 31, 2010 8:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No probelm...

Can anyone help me to resolve my issue....

Best Regards

Anil M