cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS iViews - Error/Validation messages not appearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am configuring the standard ESS WD java applications and the warning/exception/validation messages are not displayed. There is no personalization that I have performed other than hiding few fields in the Standard iViews. It is not appearing for any of the standard iViews, is there any configuration that need to be done for this? This is a scratch implementation of ESS in Portal.

I have also checked the "Message Area" for the iView through Ctrl + Right Click, but its not hidden. Any help will be really appreciated.

Cheers

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Assign them portal roles like standard ones. check the user which is working

857431 ESS: Authorizations and roles for WD services in ERP 2005

844639 MSS: Authorizations and roles for WD services in ERP 2005

785345 Copying authorization default values for services

612585 New: Authorization default values for ext. services

So basically it will be a backend role in ECC should be assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Thanks for your timely help. The authorization objects that need to be checked are P_PERNR and S_SERVICE.

Cheers

Madhu

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the authorisation of the users, SOmetimes if users are authorised also they dont get any authorisation

try to give all SAP_ALL and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Awesome. It worked...But the problem is that we will not be able to give SAP ALL to all the users (end users) right. So do you know what exactly is the authorization object corresponding to this? If so that will help in a much better way.

Cheers

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can trace the missing authorizations too..Just activate the authorization trace using ST01 for your ESS user-id and run whole ESS scenario from portal. All the missing authorization should show up in trace.

cheers~

avadh