Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assistance class

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one tell me what is the importance of assistance class.

As of my knowledge assistance class and service call does the same but how does they differ i mean diff between assistance class and service call.....

Regards

sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well first the assistance class is the best way to include translatable text elements into the Web Dynpro Component. That was really its original purpose. However now it is often used as the model class of simple WD Components.

The service call wizard can generate code for calls to the assitance class as well.

The main difference between using any normal classa and the assistance class is that the assitance class is automatically instaniated with the WD Component and has a reference variable (WD_ASSIST) automaticlaly generated into each of the WD parts (all controllers). This can be quite convienient.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

if u dont mind can you give in brief because i have a seminar......

Thanks & Regards

sankar

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>if u dont mind can you give in brief because i have a seminar......

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking for here with your second posting. Give in brief, what? I already did briefly describe the differences (of which there aren't many).

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Actually i am preparing for a seminar on importance of assistance class so that i asked you like can you provide me some more info in detail......... by mistake i used brief....... aploloze for that and can you provide me some ppts or some pdf etc

Thanks & Regards

sankar

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Actually i am preparing for a seminar on importance of assistance class

I hope you are talking about just more than assistance class becuase, frankly, there isn't that much to talk about. I pretty much mentioned everything there is to know about them. They are just normal ABAP classes. They have a particluar interface which allows them to supply the text elements for use in WD Components. The automatic instaniation and declaration is probably their most unique factor. Assitance classes can be shared between component instances during instaniation (of course so can normal classes).

Actually you find the assistance class used less in Floorplan Manager based WD components. They might still be used in Freestyle UIBBs for their text elements, but often a singleton pattern ABAP class is used for the shared data context/model becuase this is easier to share one instance of the class with the GUIBBs/Feeder classes.

I don't think you will find much in the way of dedicated materials on just the topic of assistance classes becuase they just simply aren't that complex of a topic.

Here is a link to the online help for Assistance Class. That is about as much material as you will probably find on the topic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/1f6442a3d9e72ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Answers (0)