Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Upgrade : 10.2.0.4 -> 11.2 dbua hangs

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have started the dbua once and it has retrieved the database information. After this i pressed cancel to verify some of the warnings. When I tried to start it again, it hangs in the "getting database information..please wait" popup.

I found that I can try to remove the ../cfgtoollogs/dbua/<sid>/upgrade* directory which I have done.

I have also tried to start up the database in UPGRADE mode since I found this to be a possible cause as well.

Still, I cannot get passed the "getting database information" popup.

I can see that the "upgrade<n>" directory is not recreated, and the trace.log file from dbua stops processing immediatley after start and I can also see this error in the log, but I'm not sure if it's related to my problems or how to resolve it:

[main] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.811 CEST ] [HAUtils.getCRSHome:545]  Getting configured CRS/HAS home for Oracle home ( /oracle/AC1/112_64 ) ...
[main] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.812 CEST ] [GETCRSHOMEUtil.<init>:76]  Toolname: getcrshome   ---    Tool location: /oracle/AC1/112_64/srvm/adm
inTool dependencies: [Ljava.lang.String;@73ca73ca
[main] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.813 CEST ] [NativeSystem.isCmdScv:472]  isCmdScv: cmd=[]
[Thread-5] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.875 CEST ] [StreamReader.run:61]  In StreamReader.run
[Thread-6] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.875 CEST ] [StreamReader.run:61]  In StreamReader.run
[main] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.968 CEST ] [CmdToolUtil.doexecute:372]  nativeSystem.runRemoteExecCmd failed. Command = /oracle/AC1/112_64/srvm
/admin/getcrshome arguments = [] env = null
[main] [ 2010-09-02 13:00:52.971 CEST ] [HAUtils.isHASConfigured:354]  Ignoring exception in isHASConfigured: PRCT-1011 : Failed to run "get
crshome"
PRCT-1011 : Failed to run "getcrshome"
        at oracle.cluster.deployment.ClusterwareInfo.getConfiguredCRSHome(ClusterwareInfo.java:424)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.hasi.HAUtils.getCRSHome(HAUtils.java:549)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.hasi.HAUtils.getHASHome(HAUtils.java:609)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.hasi.HAUtils.isHASConfigured(HAUtils.java:350)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbma.Dbma.execute(Dbma.java:162)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbma.Dbma.statusMain(Dbma.java:272)
        at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbma.Dbma.main(Dbma.java:253)
Caused by: PRCT-1011 : Failed to run "getcrshome"
        at oracle.cluster.cmdtools.CmdToolUtil.doexecute(CmdToolUtil.java:376)
        at oracle.cluster.cmdtools.CmdToolUtil.execute(CmdToolUtil.java:324)
        at oracle.cluster.cmdtools.GETCRSHOMEUtil.getCRS_HOME(GETCRSHOMEUtil.java:122)
        at oracle.cluster.cmdtools.GETCRSHOMEUtil.getCRS_HOME(GETCRSHOMEUtil.java:100)
        at oracle.cluster.deployment.ClusterwareInfo.getConfiguredCRSHome(ClusterwareInfo.java:421)
        ... 6 more

My feeling is that something still needs to be cleaned up or added for the dbua to continue but I cannot find what.

The dbhost is on AIX.

Best Regards

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue was resolved by reinstalling the Oracle Database Software, and then run DBUA again. This time around it went passed the "getting database information" and the upgrade was completed.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

please check this thread:

.. or do you use Cluster Ready Services or ASM (wich is not supported with 10gR2)?

Regards

Stefan

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan and thanks for your suggestion.

I had a look at my glogin.sql but i had no custom entries.

I also find this metalink which more or less explains my issue in detail:

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=PROBLEM&id=311127.1

However, the directory and file that is suggested to be removed does not exist in my 102 or 112 environment.

I don't have a DBMA directory, but only a DBCA and DBMA and in those directories I do not find any *.tx files to remove.

So unfortunately I still have the issue with my hanging popup during "Getting database information..."