cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit PO change Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know what would happen if the below mentioned scenario for Limit PO.

1) I modify a limit PO by adding a line item of type material , either from catalogue or manual entry ?

2) I modify a limit PO by adding another Limit item ?

I am in SRM 7.0 with backend as ECC 6.0 ( sorry ehp 4) , currently for me it allows me to modify the limit PO by adding line items to it (material or limit) but at the time of approval i get a dump.

Not sure if the scenario is valid and technically feasible... however i would like to know the view of all ..

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i think you can create limit shopping cart more that one item but every limit item will create a new Purchase order .

In case of extended classic scenario, when creating shopping carts with more than one limit items irrespective of the data ( that is, vendor, document type, purchasing group, company, location, performance period, etc) in each item (although they are identical), when ordering the shopping cart, always separate PO's will be created for each item. This is the standard behaviour of the local PO creation in all the releases until SRM 4.0 (SRM_SERVER 500).

For example, a shopping cart with 2 limit positions is ordered, always two PO's will be created but not one PO for two items).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you still have the requirement of having two limit items in one PO, possible way is to handle the Limit PO data while it is being transferred to ECC, if you are getting the dump while data is being transferred to ECC....

As Muthu said, SC has no problem , the problem is in Extended Classic PO only.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu / Virender,

I am aware that in SRM 5.0 or SRM 7.0 if we create SC with multiple limit items it creates multiple PO also till SRM 5.0 as per note it was preventing purchaser from modifying limit PO by adding another limit PO item , but in SRM 7.0 it seems in PO we can add another limit item or material to an existing limit PO . it allows , however gives a dump at the time of approval.

I have found conflicting notes which suggest that in SRM 7.0 we can add limit items to a limit PO , so that the confusion.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I too found that Limit POs with 2 or more limit items are allowed in SRM 7.0.

There were some problems in this area until support pack 3 where SAP remapped the BAPI Structures to sort out the issue.....I am not sure which support pack level your system has...

Please ve a look at the note:

Note 1301483 - PO with two or more limit items goes to Error in Process

Note 1492945 - Only the first limit item is transferred to ECC in ECS

Note 1483010 - PO-Update with Limit items not possible

For the dump while saving the PO, I advise you to look into ST22 details and share the same with us....

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing,

See if this note can sort out the dump issue in your landscape

Note 1380755 - Issue with limit items in Purchase Order

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Please see below the dump extract from my system.

The system does allow me to add multiple limit item to a PO or add material item to a limit PO , but it dumps at the time of approving.

I am in support pack level 5. those notes could be useful but not directly related to the Problem.

I have also implemenetd the below notes but still no help.

What happened?

The exception 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere

along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program 'SAPLBBP_PDH' has to be

terminated.

An exception occurred which is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT', was not caught and

therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:

Buffer table not up-to-date

Error analysis

An exception occurred which is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_BBP_PD_ABORT', was not caught and

therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:

Buffer table not up-to-date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a OSS Note 880302 which prevents multiple item of type limit to be added to PO , but this is for SRM 5.0

I need similar for SRM 7.0

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no change in this area in SRM 7.0 . Multiple Limit items in Extended Classic PO are not allowed , Implement the manual correction of setting up error message BBP_PE 534 to Error in your landscape so that user /buyer gets an error if he tries to add another limit item to a PO.

Regards

Virender Singh