cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Object CL_RSR_VAR 0005 not found in planning modeler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have just transported all our planning application from development to test and quality environment, and we are getting the following error while executing any planning sequence from the planning modeler:

An exception occurred that was not caught., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

When we try to execute immediately again, the error changes and is as follows:

Object CL_RSR_VAR 0005 not found

and we are prompted to introduce a value for some specific variable (which of course we are doing)

It comes along with the following dump:

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Exception CX_RSR_X_MESSAGE

The problem is no related with the variables themselves since we tried with many different sequences that use different variables and we get the same message with different variables.

While selecting variable values we are able to see the master data for these characterisitcs, so it seems not to be a problem with the access to BW info.

When we verify consistency to the functions and filters, they are ok.

We tried creating a new sequence directly in test and quality environment with the same filters and functions and we get the same error.

This is working ok in deveopment environment.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind Regards

Guillermo Sandor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you confirm if system copy was made to test environment ?

Can you have a look at below note ?

Note 1057548 - Planning Modeler: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I had already seen that note, but its suggesting to upgrade to SP 15 and we already are in SP 22. Besides, it says that the problem occurs when you do some particular sequence of operations in the same session. Here the problem occurs anytime we open the modeler.

We are still checking, if you have any more ideas, they will be helpful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to tell you that we made the system copy from production to test and quality environment.

Then we transported all our planning application from development to test and quality environment.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer below Note , But it says to apply SP 11 .. but you can follow corrective instructions from the notes

Note 996238 - Dump: 'RFC connection error' after BW system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the corrections and they are already implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have already heard about this issue.

Try re-transport with option squezzing original.

Also before check if the technical names in target are not appearing twice.

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just a Idea, why dont see logs and you can also execute planning sequence via a programe which allow you to debug this planning sequence. There is a programe to see log of planning sequence execution.

Thanks,

SAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boujema,

I´m going to test your suggestion. So far I already checked that there are no duplicated technical names in the target environment (I checked that in the modeler).

Are u suggesting to transport all IP configuration? I´ll try with one planning sequence and all it´s related IP objects (aggr. levels, filters and functions). Do you agree? I won´t transport data model objects (cubes, infoobjects, variables) since they are woring ok. We already loaded data and the queries (those that are not input ready) are working ok. The input ready queries and WADs are all generating a dump on execution, which I´m sure is a consequence of the original error.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes and make sure all IP related objects are active after transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SAC,

I´ve been seeing some logs in RSTT transaction, and I could see that you can even reproduce them in debugging mode, but it goes through the whole sequence of standard programs and I´m not sure how to analyze that (I´m not abaper, I´m a functional consultant). Anyway, I´m sure the planning logic is ok because we have almost 200 sequences and they are all working in development environment, and they are all generating a dump in quality and test environment. It´s either a program error (that occurs after transport, which is weird because I found no notes and we are in SP22 that is not so new) or a connection problem between the abap and java instances, difficult to identify because we have a couple of good basis consultants checking that, The connection seems ok because we are able to see the BI objects, edit them in configuration (from the modeler) and even see the characteristic values when we make a selection for a variable.

Any more ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I transported again but the problem remains. In fact, I don´t believe its related with the transports because I created an aggregation level, a planning function and a filter from scratch, directly in quality and test environment and I´m still getting the error message although everything´s active and ok.

There is no doubt its a connection problem now.

Does anyone know how I can see BI info in the modeler but get an RFC error while executing?

0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

Did you find a solution for this problem? We have an old system with the same problem over here.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sheldon_piao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sandor,

Is it possible to attach the total dump information by a text file ?
Then we see the details of it.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

I have two states:

1)

First I set the variables as below:

ZV000940Target Budget year2013
ZV000930Percent Increase10
ZV000770Version - TO (single, mandatory)V01
ZV000735Source Calendar Year (Single, Mandatory)2014
ZV000683Source Budget Year (Single, Mandatory)2013
ZV000931Target Calender Year2016
ZV000771Version - FROM (single, optional)V01

and then I run the function and get the following result:

Planning function Copy and Increase Volume ( ZPOM02L07_FOX01 ) executed without errors

2 records read, 2 generated, 0 changed, 0 deleted

... which is what is it supposed to do.

Then I change only one variable:

ZV000940Target Budget year2013
ZV000930Percent Increase10
ZV000770Version - TO (single, mandatory)V01
ZV000735Source Calendar Year (Single, Mandatory)2014
ZV000683Source Budget Year (Single, Mandatory)2013
ZV000931Target Calender Year2017
ZV000771Version - FROM (single, optional)V01

and when I run it, disaster:

Message incomplete (seriousness, area, number, or exception missing), error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

and then (with all variables set, etc.):

Object CL_RSR_VAR 0005 not found

Cannot find variable container with handle 0005

Specify a value for variable Source Calendar Year (Single, Mandatory)

Specify a value for variable Source Budget Year (Single, Mandatory)

Specify a value for variable Version - TO (single, mandatory)

Specify a value for variable Target Calender Year

as you can see, it believes that no variable has been set, but I have set all of them.

Have you had this problem too? How did you fix it?

sheldon_piao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sandor,

Seems RSTT trace is necessary. I think the error can be record in it. Then debug it and find the root cause. The faster way is creating an incident with R/3 support connection and I would like to take care of it.

Best Regards,

Sheldon.