cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 7.0 EHP1

0 Kudos

Hello

I am looking for reliable information regarding the new enhancements of the CRM 7.0 EHP1.

Is there somwhere a consolidated list / presentation available ?

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please provide your mailadress.

I could share some information.

Kind regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ManniF;

Could you please provide me some additional information about this new package. I am now working on a project and our requirement is especially about the new functionality "late account identification". It is; ability to confirm account and execute partner determination after a business transaction has already been created.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Could you please provide me links or doc. regarding new features of CRM ehp1 or ehp2 and how to enable those.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Suresh

Message was edited by: Gregor Wolf, Moderator - Removed E-Mail Address

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

you can download the Release Notes for the SAP CRM 7.0 EhP1 and 2 from the SAP Service Marketplace. Please don't ask someone to send you information via E-Mail. Share it here.

Best regards

Gregor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This are the main enhancements...

Work Center Home Page

The home page is one of the most-used views within SAP CRM, and it should provide users with a good overview of the most important information required for daily work and access to frequently used tools u2014 be they favorite reports, open tasks, or news items. To ensure the best possible visualization, the styling of this home page shows a clear separation of the content blocks (added in SAP enhancement package 1 as a result of several usability tests conducted with key users). In step with Web 2.0 technologies, most features for personalization are available on the home page (e.g., the ability to remove a content block from the screen via one click or to close the content on a request if the useru2019s focus is elsewhere).

This SAP enhancement package includes a new personalization functionality: pictograms as content block identifiers per assignment block. This improves visual differentiation of the content on the screen because you can now easily assign icons to your content blocks. Maintain the necessary settings within the standard personalization of the home page (Figure 1). You can predefine the assignment in business role management in the CRM WebClient UI, and you can also use your own pictograms. A prerequisite is that the selected skin for the UI supports this feature.

Personalization options for the concrete content shown inside some of the content blocks is now available directly on the page itself with the personalize icon in the content block tray (Figure 2). For example, with this new feature, the user can personalize the Web links or the application links and make settings for tags or favorites directly from the homepage.

Dashboards on the Home Page

Another improvement in the home page is the integration of code-free dashboards (Figure 3). You can now directly embed your most-needed reports so they are available on your personal homepage when you start SAP CRM. Simply select from any report assigned to your role available under the Reports entry in the navigation bar as shown in Figure 3.

You can select which reports should be shown in your home page using the standard personalization capabilities available in SAP CRM 7.0 (these are available without the enhancement package). If you would like to see another or further reports, you can easily display them by simply changing some of the new personalization settings available in this SAP enhancement package (Figure 4). If you have chosen more than one dashboard, you can select the one you need from the My Reports drop-down list shown in Figure 3. This feature saves time because you have relevant reports at your fingertips instead of being forced to navigate through the system to find them.

The GoTo Menu and the Action Menu

Despite high user demand for simplicity, I still see users putting lots of content on one page. To facilitate navigation across these large pages, they can now optionally activate the new GoTo menu (Figure 5). This menu allows you to navigate faster through large documents (e.g., business accounts with a lot of assignment blocks). It works just like a concept youu2019ve probably seen on the Internet u2014 the anchor concept that allows you to jump to a certain place on the Web page and back. The sequence of the menu follows the real overview page structure. The GoTo menu has to be made available in customizing by the IT administrator before end users can see it.

With the newly introduced action menu, you can now trigger context-specific actions from the business documents (Figure 6). For instance, you can send an email to a business partner or trigger a chat directly from the business partner document. The icon for the action menu is customizable to fit both your business scenarios and your CRM WebClient UIu2019s look and feel. This functionality can increase user productivity by allowing for extensive collaboration between internal and external groups. It also creates an infrastructure that allows you to call up other applications when further information is needed. The action menu feature currently supports form views and tables.

In the standard delivery of SAP CRM 7.0 with enhancement package 1, the action menu is implemented only in the Interaction Center area. The infrastructure for this feature is part of the SAP CRM standard delivery and can be implemented easily on a project base (i.e., this feature is not enabled in the standard shipment of SAP CRM, but a user can easily enable it in an implementation project).

Table Enhancements

You now have the ability to directly paste text from single or multiple cells in other programs (e.g., Microsoft Excel) to available rows in existing tables in the CRM WebClient UI (Figure 7). This speeds up your work if you have to transfer data to SAP CRM frequently (e.g., from spreadsheets). This process also supports read-only and non-editable fields, as well as the pasting and checking of check boxes and drop-down list boxes.

Further productivity-related enhancements to tables that support your day-by-day work include multi-line selection within tables, performance improvements for vertical scrolling, fixed columns in horizontally scrollable tables, and improved keyboard handling via arrow keys. These enhanced table features are available for all tables (wherever applicable), not just on overview pages.

Furthermore, you can now select multiple lines at once by pressing Ctrl+Shift (Figure 8). You can also use mouse-click/keyboard combinations within tables and trees to select several rows or a range of rows, similar to other standard software programs (e.g., spreadsheets).

Another feature that you might already know about from standard desktop applications u2014 fixed columns in horizontally scrollable tables u2014 is also introduced in this enhancement package. You can do this with the drop-down list available on the column header. Better keyboard handling via arrow keys allows you to navigate more easily between cells of a table, skipping the value help icons.

Multiple table views feature

You can define multiple personalization views for a table and save them under specific view names. If you frequently need a different view on the same table (e.g., a full-list view and a lean view of your open opportunities) you can define them using the personalization settings and then store them under two different names. The views are then available for you via an automatically added drop-down list box in the table (e.g., a search result list) or in an assignment block toolbar, and you simply need to switch between them. You can create multiple views via the multiple table view personalization pop-up, as well as delete or rename a view (Figure 9).

Tab Chain Definition

The newly introduced tab chain definition feature allows you to maintain information in the system using the tab key more efficiently u2014 particularly with regard to mass-data entry. Instead of having to tab through all available fields (including read-only and automatically filled fields) for any form-based assignment block, you can now define where to start the data maintenance and in which tab key sequence you want to navigate through the editable fields. This speeds up your work by skipping fields you do not need, such as automatically filled fields. You can switch the on/off tab sequence definition by clicking the icon in the assignment block title bar (Figure 10). You can switch the tab chain personalization feature on or off in the central personalization under Settings > Personalize Settings.

Personalization for Drop-Down List Box

A small but heavily requested feature is the new personalization feature for drop-down list boxes that you might remember from the SAP GUI (Figure 11). Now, drop-down list boxes can also show the technical keys as well as the value, including sorting based on one value.

Show the technical keys in the drop-down list

Sort the drop-down list either by the default sorting order (set by the application, value, or key)

When typing the first letters of the item or key in the field of the drop-down list, the system selects the relevant item automatically

Tile Layout Personalization

As an alternative to the single-column layout (normally the default for SAP CRM roles), you can visualize a single object in a tile layout based on your needs. The main difference between a tiled layout and a single column layout is that instead of having one assignment block below the other on the UI, you can order the blocks next to each other. This tile layout has been used in the Interaction Center (available since SAP CRM 4.0) environment to allow the design of pages that offer full information without any page scrolling. Starting with SAP CRM 7.0, you can even configure non-Interaction Center user applications on a project base in a tiled layout design.

You can choose from several tile schemes. In SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP CRM 7.0, the visual design of the tile layout has been aligned with the single column layout. You can now move the assignment blocks from one tile to another via drag and drop directly on the tiled layout page (Figure 13). As usual with CRM WebClient UI personalization, simply click the pencil icon to see the Personalization pop-up shown in Figure 13.

A personalization dialog is available in which the same rearrangement of assignment blocks across a tile is possible. You can add new assignment blocks or hide existing ones (based on the UI administrator settings). Furthermore, an automatic overflow mechanism was implemented to prevent the assignment of too many assignment blocks.

Favorites and Object Tagging

You can now mark an object instance as your favorite with just one click directly from the object. In a pop-up dialog, you select the favorite folder into which you want to add the favorite (Figure 14). You can also rename it. The default description always comes from the overview page title. On the home page, you can then directly navigate to your favorites using the one-click access on the favorite. You manage the favorites within a dedicated assignment block on the home page where you can create, change, and delete folders in which to store them. You can move your favorites from one folder to another and share them within the community.

The new tagging functionality allows you to maintain user-specific tags to every object instance by clicking the tagging icon on the object page (Figure 14). Tags are an excellent way to organize your site. They allow you to group content by category to make it easy to find and view documents that can speed up your work. In the tagging pop-up dialog, you name your tag. The system suggests tags that have already been attached to specific objects by other users. You can also assign multiple tag names by separating the names by commas.

Back on your home page, you can explore your tag cloud and use it for quick access to information or objects. Besides your tags (e.g., My cloud), several other clouds are available, such as community cloud, popular tags, and my recent tags. You can select any tag to navigate directly to the overview page of the object or to a result list page where objects are grouped by the UI object type if multiple objects are linked to the tag. You can switch the tagging on or off in your personal settings.

Central Sharing Tool

Building on Web 2.0 principles of actively shared information, the central sharing tool was created in direct collaboration with a large customer that requested it. The central sharing tool allows the user to share tags and favorites the user has created for personal use, saved searches the user has defined, or favorite reports (Figure 15). The idea behind this sharing is to help colleagues get up to speed, to reduce efforts spent by others defining the same saved search, and to point colleagues to interesting information. This is supported in such a way that the information does not have to leave SAP CRM for the sake of security and data integrity. The central sharing tool ensures that all relevant authorization checks are taken into consideration.

This tool allows users with special privileges to share with other system users, all users of a given business role, an organizational unit, or a position in a business role. It also gives your IT department the ability to regulate user rights related to the tool.

With the personalizable My Sharebox on your home page (part of the central sharing tool), you see a quick overview of your shared items and the items that other users have shared with you (Figure 16). The central sharing tool allows you to select the items that you want to share as well as the colleagues (or business roles or organizational units) with whom you want to share. It offers a short notes field that you can use to send explanations along with the shared objects. Not every user needs to use or should be allowed to use the central sharing tool. It introduces the notion of a super sharer, sharer, and recipient, which differentiates the capabilities users have.

Search Enhancements

Further enhancements are in the area of the simple search and advanced search. Additional business objects are now available in SAP CRM for the cross-object free-text search functionality u2014 the SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search-based simple search. SAP delivers 94 predefined search templates for the most-required CRM business objects out of the box.

Using a new feature, you can paste multiple search values from applications such as Microsoft Excel into an editable field in the advanced search. As a result, each pasted value is represented by a separate line in advanced search view (Figure 17). To facilitate handling a large number of lines, SAP introduced the concept of grouped rows. If successive rows have the same attribute (e.g., Product ID) and the same operator (e.g., is), you can collapse the group by clicking the visual indicator for collapsing (the arrow icon in Figure 17). This helps you conduct searches with multiple values for one attribute in a much more efficient way. Instead of adding the search values one after the other, you can simply paste all values into the corresponding field in a single step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I have a requirement to configure the Central sharing tool for the Sales professional role.

I have put in the right function profile in this business role and can now use the tool via the SHARE button shown on the top of the home page.

But i am not able to find the MY SHAREBOX ( as shown in many demos on EHP1 in sap sdn - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/1024d973-4bf6-2d10-0d96-d28a90e8860e)

on the homepage. This component is not available in the available assignment blocks also in personalization.

Please let me know how i can shoe the My sharebox on my homepage in Salespro role.

Thanks !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Another way to enable "Central sharing tool" is to add the standard work center logical link in the navigation profile customization. Cannot give you the exact logical link as I don't have access to system right now.. but it should be easy to find if you do a find with the string "Shar".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I found the way to add MY SHAREBOX into WCC_SLS_HOME.

See the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/93/6ae60b91154636857251089a1a68bf/content.htm

Regards,

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check service market place for the latest updates.

Rg,

Harshit