cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE able to create Limit carts !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have users with role /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE in SRM 7.0 . Shop in 4 step (Wizard) is the default method of shopping cart creation for this role i.e users with role /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE can only create shopping cart with describe requiremnet , catalogue , old shopping cart , internal goods /serice .

He do not have option ot create Limit carts , request temporary labour etc which are part of professional user role in /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER.

However when user with role /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE goes into edit mode of the shopping cart (obviously when cart is awaiting approval) the edit mode screen is of typr professionla purchaser i.e he get the button "Add item " and through that he has all the option to create cart like limit cart , temporary labour which was the priviledge activity of the professional users.

Does any one know how to restrict the option of limit cart temporary labour for the Role /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE.

I am not sure if the BADI BBP_SC_UI_CONTROL_BADI would work for SRM 7.0 , anyone implemented this badi in SRM 7.0 to control the UI for the Shop screen??

To me this should be provided as standard fix rather than BADI fix. so anyone having the same behaviour or fix for this please let me know.

Thanks

Iftelkhar Alam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the BADI BBP_SC_UI_CONTROL_BADI would work for SRM 7.0

This BADI should be obsolete in SRM 7. If you are sure no configuration (field/action controls) has been done for shopping cart, you could create an OSS message for SAP. The symptom you described could be an oversight by the standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That BADI is obsolete in SRM 7.0. You can control field display using Webdynpro meta data configuraitons.

But here the option of creating limit items --> this is controlled by the transaction in SRM. Either you shift your users to the transaction which does not allow Limit items or Authorizations could be your option.....

One mroe thing, you can probably check it by controlling the options under Add Item Action in WebDynpro....will send you details of this in some time(if possible)

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Okay i will wat for your documnet. I have also raised this Through an OSS message . i will update when i get any solution form SAP.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What if you use SHopping Cart Wizard for creation of SHopping carts. that does not ve option of creating Limit items (like in Professional).

If you still need Professional:

Go to SE80, Webdynpro Application /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD. Enhance this webdynpro

1. Go to Layout Tab and click on ADD ITEM button in right part of the screen

2. Expend ADD_ITEM in the next section of the screen(to the right)...

3. You will see options like following:

DESCRIBE_ITEM , DESCRIBE_ITEM , LIMIT_ITEM , LIMIT_ITEM , CROSS_CTLG_SRCH, SERVICE_ORDER ,SERVICE_ORDER etc.

4. remove the flag enable for LIMIT_ITEM and remove Visible flag too for the same

Save and activate

Regards

Virender Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Nice blog, I really appreciate the hard efforts you would have taken while creating this informational blog.

Rubix Market Research

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alam

from your question underatns the below

The system should not allow REQUESTER to edit the PURCHASER limit shopping cart.

REQUESTER - employee role can see his/her cart only not others cart.

kindly checK WHETHER the employee has access for BBPSC01 TRANSACTION.i think employee role should not have acces for BBPSC01 tcode

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI for this.

Implement the method- SC_MODIFY_SCREEN .

If you want to hide the limit items option, Just make it "IS_SCR_ITMCHOICE-LIMIT = ' ' ."

You can use this BADI based on user name and scenario.

Hope this helps..

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP came back and said its a limitation and below is the suggestion from SAP.

There are 2 scenarios in which wizard SC created by employee opens in proffessional mode and employee gets access to the options that only operational purchaser is supposed to have. Given below are two scenarios:-

1) Employee creates a SC through Wizard and saves it. Searches for the SC in 'Advanced search' and opens it. It opens in proffessional mode and emploee can create Service request, Service order and Limit items which are only meant for operational purchaser.

2) Employee creates a SC through Wizard and orders it. The Sc is in awaiting approval. Employee searches for the SC in POWL and opens it. It opens in proffessional mode and emploee can create Service request, Service order and Limit items which are only meant for operational purchaser.

In these two scenarios we can remove the options Service request, Service order and Limit items from the 'ADD ITEM' dropdown of the employee SC that gets opened in the proffessional mode.

It can achieved by implementing the BADI 'BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI'.

method - IF_EX_BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI~SC_MODIFY_SCREEN.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam