cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove a Report Object from a Category Without Deleting It?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to "remove" a report object (in this case a Webi Report) from a Personal Category. However, I've found that when I right-click on the report within the Category and choose "Organize >> Delete", not only does it remove the report from the Category, it also deletes the "source" report from it's original location... not good. (NOTE: If I try this as a user without rights to delete report objects, I don't even get the "Organize >> Delete" option, as would be expected based on the behavior I'm seeing.)

Does anyone know if there is a way to "Remove" report objects from Categories without deleting the report from its original location? The only option I can think of is to simply recreate (copy/paste) the whole category with all of its components (less the undesired report object) and then delete the original Category.

Thank,

Josh

Edited by: Josh Crawford on Sep 9, 2010 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is much easier than it looks like, although it's not intuitive.

For example, when some webi is in a category, categories where the webi is linked are underlined in blue:

If you click in those blue marked categories and click Accept, you're unlinking the webi/report/dashboard from that category:

-->

Hope it helps

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of BOE are you using? In 3.1, log in to the CMC and go to Categories. Click on the category from which you want to remove the report. Right-click on the report and select "Remove from Category".

This probably works in r2 as well, but I don't have that installed so I can't check.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're running XI3.1 SP 2, Fixpack 7.

The CMC option is a step in the right direction and I have confirmed that it works, technically. However, I'm trying to achieve this removal with a user who does not have access to the CMC. Is there any way to configure Infoview to enable this removal. or is CMC the only game in town?

Thanks,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the CMC is going to be the only way to do this.

-Dell