cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for scheduling job to complete. Job ID...and it never completes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created my first Publication. It's a pretty basic single source document, single Dynamic Recipients list publication.

When I run it in Test mode (I haven't tried it in non-Test mode yet), the document(s) are never delivered.

When I view the Log File, everything looks fine. The second and last entry in the log says

"- The global delivery rule for this publication was met; publication processing will now begin."

The Status Message I see in the Publication History is:

"Waiting for scheduling job to complete. Job ID:3,879, name:Unviewed Invoices Report (Copy), kind:CrystalReport in Pending state (FBE 60509) [0 recipients processed.] " and it never changes. I've tried this several times, creating new publications with the same source documents, and the same thing always happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Fiona, I know it has been while. But I was struggling with this all day. I took your advice and created a copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case any of the above solutions do not work for other users, the solution I found was to "Save As" the report object as a new object and use that object in the publication instead. There is something with those older report objects that have, or have had, instances scheduled on the object itself that the publication scheduler does not like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had the same problem. I found that I had a recurrence schedule placed on my Crystal Report, so even though you told the publication to run, it was waiting for how you scheduled the Crystal Report to run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome...this helped me.  Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helped me as well. It makes sense once you know the rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of the servers were configured correctly.

It turned out to be my source document, a report, had some field in it that BOE didn't like.

I removed a bunch of fields and added them back, one by one, and couldn't make the error occur again.

Go figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the email destination enabled and configured? It needs to be configured in the Destination Job Server, Crystal Reports Job Server, and the Publication Job Server in the CMC.

-Dell