Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of UoM in MSDS

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the the property Density in Cg02, I have entered value as 1.250 g/cm3.

When I display the MSDS report for the specification in language English, the value for Density is displaying correctly as 1.250 g/cm3.

But when MSDS reprot for the specification is displyed in Chinese language it is displying density value as : 1.250 克/cm3

Does anyone have any idea why the 'g' in UoM is converted as Chinese language text?

Regards,

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Sep 17, 2010 7:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj

UOMs are defined in the tables T006* in central SAP customizing. EH&S WWI is using this definition in language dependent reports to print the Unit in the document. I assume that the definition of g/cm3 is not correct regarding language ZH or ZF. Normally the "°" Sign (degree Celsius) is one of those giving rise to trouble in WWI documents.

Any UOM which should be used in any language used in EH&S PS in combinaiotn with WWi must have an applicabale customizing entry.

with best regards

C.B.

PS: You should check necessary entries the availaibility of the UOM in any language. Assumption is that in JA etc (asian languages) most of the problmes will come up

PPS: Make use to have the recent WWI version. Even if UOMs are defined well some asian languages are "problematic" regarding UOMs topics in the WWI area.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 18, 2010 5:55 PM

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have checked the entry of UoM g/cm3 in Table T006. It has following values:

Commercial : RHO

Technical: g/cm3

Meas. unit text: g/cm3

Unit text: Gram/cubic centimeter

Is anything wrong with this?

What do we understand by " the definition of g/cm3 is not correct regarding language ZH or ZF" ? Can you please explain this?

The language code is ZH for chinese language.

Regards,

Niraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked the other system and could confirm that disappearing of the phrases had nothing to do with the changes we made for UoM.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

Please try with including the value assignment type "density" in the slave repeating group of "Validity area, language" within the master repeating group. Then, in the slave group you can validity area as "REG_WORLD" and language as "EN".

At the time of report generation, the above would ensure that the unit never gets converted into the report language (Chinese in your case); rather it will always output the unit in english language.

Regards,

Pavan

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue of UoM has been resolved by maintaining the unit as g/cm3 in IMG activity: Check unit of measurement in Log on language Chinese (ZH). It was incorrectly maintained as 克/cm3.

But now the newproblem is, after making this changes, phrase text in chinese language for some of the phrases with phrase group as TD_CONTENT, have disappered, and this is creating issue of Phrase language not available in the MSDS report.

Is there any link between the phrase text in Chinese language and IMG activity for UoM ?

How to recover the phrases text in Chinese language for the phrases in Question?

Regards,

Niraj