cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploy applications without NWDS or NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are a small SAP Java development team and we don't use NWDI. We basically deploy our application to the server using NWDS. I've had to uninstall and reinstall my NWDS and now I cannot see application via my NWDS that I previously deployed to the server and I need to remove them from the server. How can I or my basis team undeploy applications on the server which runs on UNIX?

Thanks in advance

Terry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using 7.0 you can undeploy using sdm.

This can be found in \usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\SDM\program

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

please note I've moved this thread to the NWDI forum.

I also kindly ask you to close the thread in case your question is answered/solved.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

I'm understanding what your saying but I don't think I have any other choice to get these deloyments removed. Can you tell me what the un-supported process is by using the telnet admin?

Thanks

Terry

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the UNDEPLOY command on your own risk. If the DC to be undeployed has no references to any other components though then I believe you cannot really cause any misbehaviour by executing this command.

See also the help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/4a/3815bf92a81c62e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Example:

telnet <hostname> 5<instance number>08

Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.

Escape character is '^]'.

Telnet Administration

SAP Java EE Application Server v7.11

User name: j2ee_admin (or administrator depending on your installation)

Password:

Welcome to server node 2208050.

>add deploy

>man

• ADMIN *****

GC INFO LISTMP LISTSP LISTTEMPLATES

LL LLR LSC LSI LSL

LSM LSS LSTOL SETMP SETSP

SHUTDOWN STARTSERVICE STOPSERVICE VERSION

• DEPLOY *****

APP_REFS_GRAPH CHANGE_REF CONTAINER_INFO DEPLOY DEPLOY_INFO

EXPLORE GET_RESULT GET_STARTUP GET_STATUS JAVA_VERSION

LIST_APP LIST_APP_RES LIST_EL LIST_REFS MIG_STAT

PARAM REMOVE_APP START_APP STOP_APP UNDEPLOY

UNLOCK_APP UPDATE_FILES

• SYSTEM *****

ADD CAT CLS ECHO EXIT

GET GREP KILL LOADENV MAN

MORE PS QUIT REMOVE RUN

SAVEENV SET

• TELNET *****

JUMP

> man undeploy

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

Maybe I have a unique issue then, I had to reinstall my NWDS and it does not show any of the application that I previously deployed to the server as an option to undeploy. In a case like this what would I do? There must be some other way to undeploy from the server other than NWDS.

Thanks

Terry

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

can you please tell me your exact NWDS release?

You can find it out easily using the NWDS menu: Help -- About.

Reinstalling should have no effect on this, since the applications are located server side, and NWDS is just a client side application.

Sorry, but I had inhouse a long-long discussion about this before, and at the moment there are no other supported way to undeploy. As far as I know future releases (730) of JSPM will have a feature like undeploy but I cannot serve by details about plans. Currently NWDS is the only application you can use. Technically it is possible to use the j2ee telnet admin tool to undeploy, but since it is not checking deploy time dependencies , we cannot support it either.

Best Regards,

Ervin (SAP)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the only way to do undeployment as of 7.1 is that you use the Undeploy view of the NWDS.

Since SDM does not exists as of 71X and since JSPM does not support undeployment at the moment, and since we don't recommend to use the telnet admin tool for this operation, I kindly ask you to use only NWDS to trigger undeployment operations.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin (SAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IIan,

Thanks, not sure if it makes a difference but we are using CE 7.1

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is a different tool in 7.1 But we are only upgrading next year from 7.0 and I have not yet started looking at the differences.