cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating limit shopping cart using catalogs in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we create "limit shopping carts" in srm using catalogs or we can only use it for free text items? how do we integrate catalogs for use in "create limit item"? is it standard or required any customization? please explain.

Thanks

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP rule is that whoever has BBPSC01 transaction code, they can create a limit shopping carts.

since BUYERS can create a limit shopping cart rather than REQUESTERs.

requester might have a limited access like BBPSC02 and catalog only.

since once you assign a vendor in the limit shopping cart , PO will be created .

if your business give access BBPSC01 and every requesters can create a limit shopping cart.

so REQUESTERs are limited to do the access at certain level.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your response. let me rephrase my question, Is it feasible in standard SRM ECS to create limit items (Blanket PO/Service PO) using catalogs? if yes, how to make the catalog available in "create limit item" screen? or is there any other alternative.

Thanks

Deepu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No

Catalog means know item

limit

unknown item . flexible option for services .

it is available for only BUYERS not for requesters.

then REQUESTER can order PO without BUYER intervention.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Muthu,

That is true, but what if that limit(blanket) item is a known catalog item eg: relocation services. Today in classic scenario, some requestor provides information to buyer and he manually creates limit/blanket PO's for relocating services in the backend. But going forward, we moving to ECS and they want to automate the process by providing the shopping cart access to the same requestor so that they can create the shopping cart for limit item using the catalog and the PO gets created automatically with out buyer intervention. Is this possible? can you please let me know. hope i explained it clearly

Thanks

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

does anybody know if there is a possibility to create a limit shopping cart from a catalog?

many thanks,

alois

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is NOT possible to use Catalogs when creating a Limit SC.

Sunny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. What you could try is using BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

When SY-UCOMM = 'ADDI' that is when items are being added to the cart from a catalogue, presuming you have configured ADDI in your catalogue call structure.

Then, you can try and change the item category to LIMI and see what happens.

If that does not work (and I don't think it will be that easy) then you can create a limit item manually and debug the DOC_CHANGE BADI to look at all the item values to see what else might need assing in there.

It might work, I have done some serious manipulation of items using this BADI.

Regards,

Dave.