cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining different IS solutions on one system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a very generic question and want to get this forum's feedback.

Is it possible, although I don't see it as practical, to install multiple IS solutions on one system? Some individuals who are associated with my present work endeavor believe this is feasible to do so. It can be done but performance will suffer, hardware and software maintenance issues become entangled.

Want to get general feedback. I appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction code SFW5 lists all switch BC sets that belong to the active business functions and dependencies.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have additional question regarding this point, Is it possible to activate differente industries on several ECC client ??

for instance 100 client for DIMP, 200 client for retail; ?

Thanks

François

warren_hall2
Newcomer
0 Kudos

The general documentation states that only one industry solution can be activated in an environment using the switch framework. However, you need to know whether your industry solution is considered an enterprise extension or an enterprise add-on. Multiple enterprise add-on's can be active in one system, only one enterpise extension can be activated. This is the general rule, however, it looks like you can work around this by deploying business function sets within an industry solution, thereby activating pieces of industry functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warren:

As with Bill's reply, great info for me. So the switch framework makes it possible in some cases . Have to read up more on that. But,again, thanks for your comments. I understand it better nnow.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes - thanks Warren for identifying the exact reason why this is possible in some instances and not in others. It will depend on the combination that someone is looking to use - and how those individual pieces are designated internally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

David:

Generally, it is not possible/feasible. It is especially not possible if both IS utilize FICA as the backend, as only one IS can be activated for the input of posting data to the FICA subledger.

An example of acceptable combination could be Retail along with Oil&Gas or Media. Those solutions are tested and the Business Functions for O&G or Media contain switch for Retail

regards,

bill.

Edited by: William Eastman on Sep 23, 2010 4:43 AM

Edited by: William Eastman on Sep 23, 2010 5:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill:

Thanks for your input. That was very helpful. I'm from the Basis side and not a functional person yet I wanted to confirm from anyone in the field re: that which I read - and thought I understood - on the SAP Marketplace. The switch framework piece makes it possible but, if I understand what you wrote, you don't do that with two IS solutions if they share some financial back-end area (again, I'm not a biz person so I may be using errorneous terms) subledger/journal, etc...

Thx again, Bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI William,

we have already activated SAP Retail BFS and I am trying to activate SAP Media BFS. Unfortunately I have got a message -  Business function ISR_RETAILSYSTEM is not in target business function set.

Can you give me advice how to activate SAP Media BFS if SAP Retail BFS already has been activated.

Regards,

Georgi Velchev

SAP BASIS Consultant