cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to post a questions to forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to post a questions bcz i am new for sap.. and mines is material management.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is changes and transport for client-specific objects in client creation?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Former Member: Please post your query as a new discussion.

To get a quick (or any) response, create your new discussion in a space related to your query.  This way it will be visible to topic experts who will then see and reply to it.  The SCN Site Index contains a full listing of all SCN spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to create new discussion...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on top right is a hyperlink named "create" . click it an a submenu opens nd you can select what you want to create. if you have a question, then select discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started a new discussion but retrived that I don't have enough authorization to post it.

I received an email telling that the discussion have been approved, but I can't see it in the forum.

What should I do?

Thanks.

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, clic here: http://scn.sap.com/people/gerhardyne/content

Thats your "content". Clic options like: "Authored" or "Participated"

Regards

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Content Moderation Is Now Active on SCN

Content moderation has been turned on across SCN to prevent spam attacks.  When posting content, you may notice a green text box that explains your content will be moderated.  In some instances, you may get an authorization error. In both of these scenarios, your content will be moderated and then posted if approved.

Do not post the same content multiple times.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Can you explain to SCN community how this moderation or censoring works. For instance, what his the moderator and evaluation delay?

thanks

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The moderation is just to verify that new users are posting legitimate content (not spam).  There are over 800 moderators worldwide watching over ~430 spaces.  Given the geographic distribution across time zones, sometimes it takes just a few minutes more before your content can be reviewed.

I apologize for any inconvenience but this is necessary given the scale of the problem the community is facing. 

marcelo_dudzin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Is there any way to confirm that a discussion was started and it is been process?

How long could it take to moderate a message?

Many thanks

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Can you clarify the first part of your query: are you asking about tracking new discussions in a space or finding out if the discussion you posted has been approved?  If the latter, you will a notice in your notifications: Actions > Notifications (http://scn.sap.com/actions/notifications)

About the length of time, the SCN moderators, who are mostly volunteers, are working around the clock to review and approved legitimate content.  There's no commitment to how long this should take but it will be done in a timely manner across the 450+ SCN spaces. Thank you for your understanding.

marcelo_dudzin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

thanks for your reply

I was talking about finding out if the discussion I have posted .

Thanks for your reply.

ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcelo, I have the same problem as you.  I posted a question yesterday and I assume it is currently being moderated.   In the meantime how do I view my question?  It is not yet under "Content" under my user profile.  It will be there once the moderator has approved it.

Also, I posted a reply to another one of my own questions about 2 weeks ago and it is still with the moderator.  I think after 2 weeks the reply should be viewable.

marcelo_dudzin2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Patience my friend, that is what I learn with this....

0 Kudos

Jason,

Any idea of how long would it take for the moderation because I started a discussion yesterday and still after 24 hours I don"t see any in my content.

Regards,

Sai

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SCN moderators, who are mostly volunteers, are working around the clock to review and approved legitimate content.  There's no commitment to how long this should take but it will be done in a timely manner across the 450+ SCN spaces. Thank you for your understanding.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also, do not post duplicate threads.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply, both the treads are open now I will close one of them.

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if this is breaking any of the rules by posting this question here...but I am unable to post/start a discussion. I've read rules for posting and have checked other introductory threads for new users but haven't been able to come up with anything.

I click on Create >> Discussion, but I haven't gotten the option to start a new one. The only thing it does is search for related topics.

Thanks for any repsonse and again I apologize if this breaks any rules. I couldn't find any other way to do this...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after Create >> Discussion you get a window to select  the space in which you want post your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much...I'm pretty sure the option was unavailable for me or I couldn't select. Then again, I could have just been confsued too.

Again I apologize for posting this question in another person's forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I'm new here. How can I post my own questions or discussion. Or How can I start discussion? thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Clark,

log into scn and on the top left side you have a create option. click on that and start a discussion in which area you want to post question.

Hope this helps you,

Krishnaveni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks krishnaveni While browsing the site I found that. and you confirms that I done it correctly thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on your requirement you need to post the question in SDN. so the first step is after logging in to scn on the right side of page you have create button in that type the are for ex.Material Management. then click on discussion. it will take to you into the MM forum. There you can post a question.

Hope this helps you,

Thanks,

Krish.

nidhinawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

if u got the proper way to share a problem, kindly share.

Regards,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you ask a question about using Crystal Reports with Visual Studio (vs2010 ASP.NET 4) on Shared WEB Hosting?

What would GoDaddy have to do to put the software support on their Shared Web Hosting Sites??? Also Yahoo (Windows) AT & T Windows Shared WEB Hosting????

DOes SAP really care about Crystal Reports? It is an intregral part of Microsoft Visual Studio.

Does anybody know what Shared Hosting conpanies have the Crystal Reports for Windows VS2010 ASP.Net 4 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls...... send the solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls...... send the solutions

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this turn into the new "funny thread"?

Thomas

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pttshhh!

That is one of JB's various "bots".

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is "how did you posted this Question".......cheers man.....I am new and I have no idea how to post the question....I am just replying to this post. Please let me know where to go to post a Question.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iam new to ABAP and would request you to guide me through posting questions in ABAP forum

Thanks in Advance

sskb

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, read the information behind the links given above.

Always read the entire thread before asking the same question again.

Virtually all questions that beginners can possibly have have been asked and answered before, so always search for available information before asking.

Also please keep in mind that SCN forums are no substitute for proper class-room or online training or hands-on experience.

So I would expect you to learn a lot by posting only very little

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

How should i post a question in FORUM, for CRM ? thanks

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for caring, please read these important documents:

[Rules of engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

[Asking Good Questions in the Forums to get Good Answers|]

Thomas

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One question per post.

In MM Forum,go through rules & informations first three links.It will tell you how to post !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi am new to this community. Where di i raise my question? Kindly reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am new to this sdn, can any one tell me where i can get material for mm logistics.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SCN. But sorry to say, we dont supply materials. The reason is that there are plenty of them on the web - if you search.

Start with SAP Help. You could also then use Google to search for more.

Oh.. I almost forgot... Please read the Rules of Engagement of these forums before further posting.

Good Luck!

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WELCOME

i am new to this sdn, can any one tell me where i can get material for mm logistics

Yeah we have some forums dedicated for Material Managemnt(MM) , but i really have doubt if they will deliver you some material unless PO is there, Jokes apart

As mentioned here (For MM )you will not get documents ,but can post your queries after reading

[Rule Of Engagement|;

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new per the sdn sap .com. i have some doubts how to post .Could you please any one help me.

Regards,

Bhaskar

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple, just follow all rules and tips as described here:

1) [Rules of engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

2) [Asking Good Questions in the Forums to get Good Answers|]

Thomas

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Latest updates about posting ,

Read this important link [IMPORTANT information regarding posting in this forum - please READ|;

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you already go carefully about this by asking, which is a good thing.

Basically there are some rules and stuff to adhere to. Breaking the rules probabely will cause your question to be deleted before you get the answer you're looking for.

1- bcz is not English. The proper English word would be 'because'. Abbreviations like this one are called 'text speak' and are against forum rules.

2- find the proper forum. I think in the SAP solutions section is the one for you.

3- read the first three threads in the forum to learn about posting rules, frequently asked questions etcetera.

4- search the forum to make sure the problem or question you have isn't already asked and answered.

5- think of a proper subject title (not 'problem' or 'please help')

6- make sure you provide enough information so others can understand which informatio you need.

Happy posting!

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- informatio is not English. The proper English word would be 'information'. Abbreviations like this one are called 'text speak' and are against forum rules.

Sorry, I could not resist !

Olivier

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first attempt was only partially successful...

Thomas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So here is the Frenchman telling the Dutchman how to speak English, man!

...commented by the Ger-man...

Can it get any better?

Thomas

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, right, like 'bcz' is a typo. Duh! In French maybe.

Ah, there's the yellow triangle, 'clicketyclick'.

"Moderators, please move this one to the Coffee Corner as I am not finished yet with Olivier"

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The first attempt was only partially successful...

I've seen a lot worse. And OP got credit (from me at least) for asking directions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>So here is the Frenchman telling the Dutchman how to speak English, man!

>...commented by the Ger-man...

That is the European Union at work !

By the way, I also hate SMS speak wether in English or French.

Olivier

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> By the way, I also hate SMS speak wether in English or French.

Ah, there's the accident I was waiting for. It's "[whether|http://www.dailywritingtips.com/wether-weather-whether/]".

Baa!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Ah, there's the accident I was waiting for. It's "whether".

You got me !

wether is bad : it is text speak. The English word is wheather...

Olivier

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Err ..No, The English word is Weather, and they speak about it all the time - ad nauseum.

Edited by: Harish T K on Sep 23, 2010 11:07 AM

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The English word is wheather...

The English word for what? You did follow the link I provided?

"The farmer wondered whether the adverse weather had affected his wether."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not even see that your "whether" was a link.

Thanks for this link which is really interesting for me when I struggle to write some "good enough" English.

Olivier

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for this link which is really interesting for me when I struggle to write some "good enough" English.

I had another one recently. Have to dig for that. Looks like a couple of links/sites like this may make a good start for a 'regular mistakes made when writing English' thread in the CC. I'll cook up the starting post.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> So here is the Frenchman telling the Dutchman how to speak English, man!

> ...commented by the Ger-man...

> Can it get any better?

> Thomas

Yes. The Englishman can get involved.