cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master codification & inventory mgmt- construction industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am designing the process for a client in the construction industry. The implementation will include integration with PS module. The client is working on different projects and the materials requirement for each project differ from the other.

Example:

Though i may have pipe at a broad level, the requirement of pipes is based on the diameter of pipes and this would ideally form multiple material codes.

I want to know, if any of you have come across such a scenario where creation of material master to the lowest level of specification will be very tedious. And also the same material specification may not be used in more than a project.

But at the same time, the client wants to track his inventory based on the specifications of pump received and issued / consumed.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir ;

you can do it sir ;

Even for Construction Industry We follow standard ,Like ISMC 150 ISMB 200 .

you can maximize your code  by taking all kind of PIPE ,Steel structures ,torr  Steel etc .

I agree  it will be huge work but we can achieve this by taking all kind of standard materials .

for non standard material you need to use Class as mentioned above .I have personally have seen in some Govt Project consulting company maintain full setof standard material codes .

Joydeep

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

There is feasibility to maintain the specification in basic data 1 & also if you want to maintain some other specification like color, Manufacturing by you can create new class for this and enter while creating the material master record in "Classification" Screen.

To enter the other specification for material you need to maintain the classification tab -

Here you can maintain the the specification as per your requirement for Pipe or other materials.

Thanks & regards,

Ankur Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

But each time my specification may change. Suppose i had created a material master for  Door.

Door used for main door will different from bed room and bathroom. Again if flat is premium door quality change....for each door i do not wish to create new material master. I want minimum material master but same time end of project i should able to analyse how many bedroom door with xyz specification order, each material cost analysis....same with window class and other material in kitchen ....

Regards,

Lalita

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Lalita,

Have you checked with class creation for material master record!

Please create first Characteristics with your specific requirement like Door Type, Door Color, Door Brand, Wooden of Door, Door Quality than assign with class of material and than define them in a material master record.

If still your problem persist please consider with the "configurable material" .

I'm not well aware of the configurable material but still you can check with existing threads on configurable material.

Thanks & regards,

Ankur Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

would appreciate any help on this.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you find any solution for this issue as I am facing same issue in one of my project?

Any help in this regards will be thanksful

Lalita