SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account and Commitment Items Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Consultants,

Please explain the GL account and commitment items relationship. I know i can assign a commitment item to N number of GL accounts.

But can i assign many commitment items to one GL account?

Thank you.

Ekemini

5 REPLIES 5

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can assign one Commitment item to each GL account in GL Acct. Master data

But if you need to use different commitment items in combination with the same GL account, then you should take other accounting objects into accout and define your FMDERIVE rules accordingly (for instance, same GL account but different Funds Centers...):

GL account Funds Center ===> Commitment item

100000 AA CIAA

100000 BB CIBB

100000 CC CICC

Cheers

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally we have a one to one relationship between GL and CI (assignment) but we have instances where the commitment item should be statistical so that budget is not affected. The scenario usually takes place when dealing with asset accounting. When posting depreciation entries, we use the fmderive derivation rule that Mar mentioned to point to a different commitment item that is statistical.

0 Kudos

Dear FM Expert,

I 'm new in the forum. I have some problem related to fmderive too. I have to do as your scenario that is to derive stat committment item to depreciation expense account. I use fmderive with user exit EXIT_SAPLFMDT_001 and include ZXFMDTU01

Coding to check AFAB tcode to derive the committment item. It's not work

if sy-tcode+0(4) = 'AFAB'.

if I_FMDERIVE_SOURCE-account_number = 'xxx'.

e_fmderive_target-commit_item = 'xxx'.

endif.

ENDIF.

When I set trace , It seems work when test run for AFAB but when I do production run that need run in background. It does not work. Is there anything wrong with my code or Does fmderive work with Background job

Is there any suggesttion , please ?

Thank you very much,

one

0 Kudos

It seems as if you are using a user exit "instead" of FMDERIVE rules. As I understand it, they are two different things. We do not use user exits to derive committment items. We use FMDERIVE rules (transaction FMDERIVE). In the derivation rules, we have a derivation rule created just for depreciation which defines the source field (GL Account#) and the target field (Committment item). The conditions of the rule is that the business transaction = 'RFBU' and the main asset number = '*'. Then in the rule values, we enter the GL account number and the Committment Item that is to be derived when depreciation is ran.

0 Kudos

Hello Will,

It's work now.

At first , I 'm afaid that RFBU will mix up with the other transactions apart from Depre Run. However, main asset number = '*' help to differenciate them.

Thank you very for your great suggestion.

One