cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get 100 latest hits from dynamic query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using a dynamic query like BTQAct returns the 100 first results.

I know how to change the number of results by setting parameter MAX_HITS, but is there a possibility to get the latest 100 results without getting all results and delete the oldest till 100 remains?

In GENIL_BOL_BROWSER I see additional parameters MATCH_TYPE, DROP_SEL_PARAMS_ALLOWED and SELECTION_HINTS, but I don't know, how to use them and what they are doing.

regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by latest? Do you have any date in the search parameters? If yes, you can use that to return latest records.

You might have to code for that.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit,

it's about the activities in BP overview. if there is a customer with more than 100 activities over the whole time, the assignment block shows the first 100 and that are the oldest activities.

If you change sort order, this 100 will be displayed by date decreasing, but you don't see the activities 101 - nnn which are younger. And our employees want to see, what happend to this customer at last. When was the last call, the last visit etc.

And you can not select by date, because you don't know, if it was last month or three years ago. Always the latest/newest activities should be displayed, no matter how old they are.

regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Your concern is absolutely genuine.

This description actually clrifies that you cannot do sorting after the results have been displayed on the UI,but befor e that.

What i suggest is : once the search gets triggered in the eh_onsearch(),and you get the result collection wrapper,

before settign it to the result context node ,use the method SORT(iv_attr_name,iv_sort_order) of the copllection wrapper class,and pass the field on which you want to do the sorting(which shoudl be the date of activity field),and make the iv_sort_order =IF_BOL_BO_COL~SORT_DESCENDING.once the collection wrapper is sorted in this manner,use an iterator to loop through the first 100 and add them to a new collection object.Now set this new collection object to the result collection.

I guess your problem shoudl be solved using this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193040
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello I am focusing the same problem, does anyone have a hint?

0 Kudos

Implement the following notes, starting with top and moving down if each one doesn't solve the issue.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Implement the Notes 1232008 and then 1226594, this will surely resolve your issue.

Let me know if it is not working.

Regards,

Shobhit

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such case you need to enhance the Underlying BOL query where you needd to restrict the MAX_HIT counter and put your custom code.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don;t think modifying the BOL query woudl be a good idea because this is a standard component,and the search he wants to trigger is onyl for a particular scenarioo

Atleast that's my opinion.

Suvidha

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suvidha,

Thanks for your opinion. Incase BOL query is not modified you will be left with no option but to play around with code on UI layer only. If you choose to go for heavy modification on UI itself the Performance will be hit and for which you will have no cure!

One can modify the BOL query for standard Objects as well. It has been done in the past and will be done in future as well. All is needed is some BOL programming expertise.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

All the bol parameters that you have mentione dwill not help you unfortunately.

The only facility provided in the wb ui as of now is to automatically customise the no of results (ie max hits),but not the order in which they are displayed.

Though there is a sort option in the table view,which can be enabled throguh html and you can sort the same on any of the date fields tha you have.BUt if you want to do any kind of xtra processing of the search results then you have to do it in eh_onsearch().Here after getting the results collection,you can filtre them on the basis that you want.If you do thsi,you will also be able to delete all the older from the result collection xcept for the 1st 100 like you said.This will ensure that the results are filetred only on the Ui level and no harm is done to the database entires as such.