cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing new license key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to install the license key for the Netweaver 7.01 Basis Test system with saplicense -install ifile=NSP.txt and am getting the following error message:

• SAPLICENSE (Release 701) ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNC_SET) failed with return code 20

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

Thanks for any help you can give.

The original license expired and I cannot log into the system any more so I can't use SLICENSE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

-> Is your system a DUAL STACK (ABAP+JAVA) SYSTEM?

-> Are you using the MAXDB database on your system? What version?

-> Please login to the application server as SIDadm user and post the output of the command:

saplicense u2013show

-> Did you try to change the password of the SAP<SID>DB user?

-> If you are SAP customer, please review the SAP note 870871.

In case of the u201CLicense key installationu201D issues, create the SAP message for the component XX-SER-LIKEY first.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable replies, they all helped to point me in the right direction!

Here's how it worked for me:

1. I logged on to the operating system as SIDadm ("nspadm" in case of the demo system). Otherwise the SAP system might not start up in the next step.

2. Start the SAP system. There may be warning messages, but you should be able to log on.

3. Logon as sap* (BCUSER for example will not be able to log on due to the expired license)

4. Use transaction SLICENSE to install new license. It may help to remove "3D" additions to the start of each parameter in the NSP.txt file sent from SAP (there was a suggestion somewhere that some email systems add this), and to remove "=" in the license key and put the whole key on one line.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got the SAP License key by providing its relative proper Hardware key ? if its required get a new SAP License key again with its relative hardware key at SAP Service Market Place, , and apply it again by login with sap* user in client.

The variables DIR_LIBRARY & dbms_type are set correctly for the user Under which you are installing SAP license?

Have you tried the same activity with new Saplicense executable for 701 release ? Download new saplicense from SMP and try again.

Also do this at last.... Set your system date back to a date when the sap license was valid.... then reStart the system, log on to SAP client, go to transactoin SLICENSE, apply the new license using license file, verify the license application & then log off, change system date back to current date, and re-start sap system. The same activity you can do at command level also.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your saplicence executable the same release/version as the db-library ?

Also look at this thread is this applicable ?

Mark