cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Records in COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a issue in COPA. It is duplicating the record with the same COPA document #.

Sales has been posted for the same material twice a day with different sales order. First billing document is created and COPA document has been generated with an example 50012345 and another document has been posted with the same material with different sales order, COPA document has been generated with same earlier document no. (i.e. 50012345)

Is there anybody had this issue earlier? Can you please help me with this? I tried to find out OSS notes but could not find any proper one.

Your help and time will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Niki Shah.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Seems strange... Have never seen this

Making a wild guess.. CHeck KE2S for any doc summarization that you have done....

By the way, does the 2nd billing add up to the values of the earlier posted document? What exactly did it do by updating against the same doc no?

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the quick reply.....

I checked KE2S but we didn't define anything here. For your other question, it did not added any value in CO. It created new document for FI so, we have a two values in FI but not in CO.

Please let me know if can thinks anything else.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Niki Shah

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

I am unable to understand...

What did the 2nd billing document do in COPA? Did the COPA document generate and post values in COPA so that the FI and COPA match or they dont?

plz explain in detail what happened in COPA for both billing documents

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am sorry if it's confusing to you.

The 2nd Billing document is generated with the same COPA document no (i.e. 500012345 exactly the same as first billing document). It DID NOT generated any SEPARATE COPA document.

Yes, There is a clear difference between COPA & FI.

I hope this clears your doubts.

Thanks,

Niki Shah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the program RKE_ANALYSE_COPA (CO-PA Analysis program) with 'Build in Background' option and check to see if you have any errors in actual data in CO-PA.

Also, check the CO-PA number range object settings, object COPA_IST (transaction SNUM).

Finally, run the program RSSNR0T1 to check and repair any inconsistency in number ranges for object COPA_IST.

Regards,

Venkata Ganesh Perumalla

Edited by: Venkata Ganesh Perumalla on Oct 5, 2010 3:35 PM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Follow the steps mentioned by Ganesh...

If that does not resolve the issue, try to cancel the billing doc and repost it.. Most importantly, if it is a prod system, you will have to identify all such cases

From what you say i.e. "THere is a clear diff between COPA & FI", I assume that the values from 2nd billing doc did not post in COPA.. It is just displaying the same doc no against the billing doc, but the values remain un-updated...

Even after cancelling, if the same situation persists, create an OSS message... It is advisable that you create the OSS msg before cancellation so that SAP will have a case to investigate...

Regards

Ajay M