cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of BUT000-Z field, but can't use FM BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a data load we have realised that one of the Z fields has not been populated with data and so as a result of this I am attempting to write a quick program to update this Z field. The field is located in table BUT000, but of course I need to update this using the appropriate FM rather than direct table update.

There seems to be a few' BUT000' FM's and a number of 'CRM_BUPACHANGE' FM's as well. Has anyone used an FM for such an update before?. I think I need to identify the best FM for the job.

I have also looked at FM BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE as well, but that does NOT contain the Z field to change.

With regards

J Sapora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Check out the FM BUPA_CENTRAL_CI_CHANGE.

Cheers!

Luis

markus_schwope
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

you could also use transaction MASS (object type BUS1006).

Beforehead it is necessary to maintain table MASSFLDLST.

So also change history in CRM WebUI at account master data will be displayed.

Nice tool 😉

Regards,

Markus

markus_schwope
Explorer
0 Kudos

I forgot: many times in my projects customer did not want to have a lot of "magic" reports in background, for instance to update new fields - if there's simple logic, many times it's better to provide a tool like MASS which can be processed by key user himself.

So a lot of effort is not necessary for testing, approvment and so on, coz that's SAP standard tool with additional change history feature (from WebUI!). Sometimes a really good solution from process view.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I agree with you, but MASS is something very straight forward, plus, don't support paralelization, so if you want to change a smalll amout of data or you really don't care about performance (I mean for the process is the same if the update takes 1 or 4 hours) and the changes doesn't imply a business logic, the user has all the control of which fileds should be changed and for which value, then it's a good option.

But when extra logic is needed, Mass can become a nightmare, I will write a blog about this if I have the time.

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, J Sapora.

I think you can not find such FM.

Try to update but000 by your program in the test system carefully.

After that start your program in the productive system.

Denis.