Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking of vendor by XK05 & XK06 could not stop movement type - 541

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Hi,

I have blocked vendor code for SSI unit by transaction code - XK05 & XK06 for posting block, purchasing block, block for quality reason (99 - total block) but then also defective sending to vendor which we are doing by transaction code - MB1B and movement type -541 couldn't stop. User can send the defective to this vendor, requirement is to plug this. Can anybody help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Madhukar Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Adding to Jurgen explanation, The transfer posting with mvt type 541 will not post any line item to Vendor account. This is transfer of our own valuated stock to Vendor place similar to one of our storage location.

Normally, 541 transfer posting should refer to the Subcontract purchase order. When you block a vendor, system will not aloow you to create a subcontracting PO.

warm regards

Ramakrishna

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

541 is not a purchasing activity and is not in reference to a PO.

hence those blocks will not stop you from doing this.

If you desperatly need to stop this, then you have to use enahancement MBCF0002 with EXIT_SAPMM07M_001 to check at blocking status in vendor master. However, it will not be easy, as you dont know the purchasing org when you do the movement.

But this requirment is just not logical to me. What starts a subcontracting process? what is used to inform the warehouse personell to send material to a subcontract vendor? From my point of view, MB1B is not the initial transaction that starts the process. In many companies I have seen that the execution of a movement in SAP is done minutes or hours after the physical movement.

So you should focus on stopping the physical process, rather than stopping recording in SAP what has already been done.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XK06 Won't block vendor for doing transactions,it will display warning message only.

Block vendor using XK05 and then try to issue material to vendor.