cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change font at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the font of text and field objects at runtime. I used to do this using Crystal 10 and the craxdrt.dll, but haven't been able to get to work with Crystal 2008. Here's the code:

note: myFont is a font object passed into the procedure.

Dim rcd As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument

rcd = rpt.ReportClientDocument

For Each area As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.Area In rcd.ReportDefinition.Areas

For Each section As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.Section In area.Sections

For Each rptObj As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ReportObject In section.ReportObjects

If rptObj.Kind = ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrReportObjectKindEnum.crReportObjectKindField Then

Dim rptField As ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject = CType(rptObj, ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject)

rptField.FontColor.Font.Name = myFont.Name

rptField.FontColor.Font.Size = myFont.Size

ElseIf rptObj.Kind = ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrReportObjectKindEnum.crReportObjectKindText Then

Dim rptText As ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject = CType(rptObj, ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject)

rptText.FontColor.Font.Name = myFont.Name

rptText.FontColor.Font.Size = myFont.Size

End If

Next

Next

Next

I have a couple problems. First, my rcd object does not recognize the ReportDefinition property. I can type it in and it is accepted, but it is not an option when I look at the properties avaiable to that object. When I run the code, it does not throw an error. My Crystal version is 12.2.0.290. I have included the following reference in my project:

Cyrstal Decisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ObjectFactory

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel

CrystalDecisions.Shared

The Engine.dll and Shared.dll are listed as version 12.0.2000.0 and are located in the c:\program files\business objects\common\4.0\managed\dotnet2 directory. The remaining dlls are listed as version 12.0.1100.0 and are located in the c:\program files\business objects\common\4.0\managed directory. Is this a problem? Do I have 2 incompatible versions?

Also, when I run the code, although it does not break, the report font is not changed. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The code you are using isn't going to work as when working with the RAS SDK model, most objects cannot be modified by directly changing their value, instead you need to use the controllers and their modify methods. Here's a sample of how to change the font size:

Dim myReport As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
myReport.Load(Server.MapPath("Test.rpt"))
Dim boRCD As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument = myReport.ReportClientDocument
Dim boTextObject As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject = CType(boRCD.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item("Text1"), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject)
boTextObject.FontColor.Font.Size = 24
boRCD.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.Modify(CType(boRCD.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item("Text1"), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject), boTextObject)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your response. I had an Imports CrystalDecisions statement at the top of my code, but I went ahead and added the qualifier anyway. The real solution was to use the controller. So this is my modified code (works quite well - thanks much).

Dim rcd As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument
rcd = rpt.ReportClientDocument

For Each area As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Area In rpt.ReportDefinition.Areas
  For Each section As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Section In area.Sections
    For Each obj As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportObject In section.ReportObjects
      If obj.Kind = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportObjectKind.FieldObject Then
        Dim objField As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject = CType(rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item(obj.Name), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject)
        objField.FontColor.Font.Name = myFont.Name
        objField.FontColor.Font.Size = myFont.Size
        rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.Modify(CType(rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item(obj.Name), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject), objField)
      ElseIf obj.Kind = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportObjectKind.TextObject Then
        Dim objText As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject = CType(rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item(obj.Name), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject)
        objText.FontColor.Font.Name = myFont.Name
        objText.FontColor.Font.Size = myFont.Size
        rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.Modify(CType(rcd.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.GetAllReportObjects().Item(obj.Name), CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.TextObject), objText)
      End If
    Next
  Next
Next

0 Kudos

First thing you should fully qualify these:

If rptObj.Kind = ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrReportObjectKindEnum.crReportObjectKindField Then

Dim rptField As ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject = CType(rptObj, ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject)

Should be

If rptObj.Kind = CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrReportObjectKindEnum.crReportObjectKindField Then

Dim rptField As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject = CType(rptObj, CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.FieldObject)

Test again

Thank you

Don