cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Federator consuming a XMLA or XML Query Result Set web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts - Anyone have success with/advice on Data Federator consuming a XMLA or XML Query Result Set web service?

The end goal is to have an easy-to-use universe(s) for reports, dashboards & ad-hoc where that universe(s) sources a consenting organization's BEx queries via web services.

To date, associates and I successfully prototyped a universe accessing a BAPI web service, but that requires moderate/signif coding/maint per BEx query for the providing organization. In addition, on the consumer side, the prototype universe isn't easy-to-use; more a universe for programmers than business users.

I believe there's some things I can do in Federator & Designer to make that universe on BAPI a little easier to use, but instead searched and found hits that lead me to explore XMLA or XML Query Result Set web services.

The consenting org has published XMLA and XML Query Result Set web services and I've successfully generated Federator data sources for them. But I'm stuck. I'm struggling to make a target that aligns with one BEx query's characteristics, key figures, filters, ....

Anyone have success with/advice on Data Federator consuming a XMLA or XML Query Result Set web service?

Any assitence on making a target much appreciated.

... or am I going down the wrong path? ... best to return to BAPI?

thx, Clay

PS - My Federator expertise leans heavily to relational sources and I think I've gleaned all the info out of guides and search hits.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Clay,

For the moment we have no information about someone using this workflow. Once the data source has been added to DF and tested it might be possible to create the desired model with the help of target tables.

thanks,

florin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies Florin & Gera.

I have targets for the BAPI service. It's pretty straight forward. That DF project has a few hurdles left.

I'm going to pick up the XML Query Result Set web service attempt soon - within 2 weeks - and will keep you posted.

Gera, unfortunately the consenting org won't open a firewall hole for me to attach DF to the infocube or do a OLAP universe from Designer.

thx, Clay

0 Kudos

They will once they see the poor performance......

-Gera

0 Kudos

I wouldn't even go down that route. Put DF on top on of the cube and create the automatic universe through strategy files. It results in an easy to use Universe off of your infocube(s)