Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My material is as below:

MRP Type: M0

Stategy group:40 Planning with final assembly

Consumption mode :2 Backward and forward consumption

My independent Req is 'VSF Planning with final assembly'

My sales order item category is 'Zwac', rety is using ZWAC-M0-KSV 'Sales order with consumption'

but before i create sales order:

MRP element Received/Requirement quantity

stock

IndReq 100-

After that:

stock

IndReq 100-

Sales order 90-

but i expected like this:

stock

IndReq 10-

Sales order 90-

Do you know what i did wrong , thank you!

Regards,

dragsky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dragsky,

Strategy - 40

Consumption of PIR (not Redution)

1) The first point in strategy 40 is, incoming sales order consumes PIR

2) Both sales order and PIR takes place in MRP planning run

3) This is where this strategy is used in most of the business process

Just an small example how this strategy works

1) Create PIR for ur FERT- 100Nos

2) Check in MD04- u will get PIR (VSF) as 100

3) Now create sales order for 120 for same month

4) Run MRP for that particular FERT

5) Check the result in MD04, PIR gets vanished and an plan order will be generated for 120 Nos.

Just try the above scenario with new material

Regards

Madhu

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in the sales order creation that the Scheduling category is CV Consumption with MRP, if not, then select it. You will find that your sales order will consume the PIR.

Thanks,

Hrishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help!

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you have planning stategy 40 , then PIR qty will be consumed duirng MRP run if both PIR created with VSF and you have incomming Sales Order qty .Let say you have 100 pc PIR and also 150 pc of sales order , run MRP-MD03 , it will create 150 pc Planned order or PR .

If your using and Sales Order is not getting consumed upon while running MRP , then couple of checks in this case :

1.Is your PIR (created in MD61) "VSF"?

The requirement type should be KSV to consume with VSF. Please check OVZI to check why your item category in Sales Order get the requirement type 041.

Here you must have following set up :

Requirement Class : 041 , Availablity , Requirement Check box Marked and Allocation Indicator-1 .This Alocation indicator basically Controls the consumption of customer requirements with planned independent requirements whereby the customer requirements type is only allocated one consumption strategy.If it blank that means no consumption with customer requirement .

Please check If you want req. type 041 to consume with VSF, then you have the change the configuration of planning strategy. Use path Production -> Production Planning -> Demand Management -> Planned Independent Requirements -> Planning Strategy -> Define Strategy.

2. What is the schedule line category in your SO ?? Is it "CP"? You are using customised item categoery zWAC which may be inharited from WAC-Order /Delivery Requirement (OVZI)

Check and come back.Hope this will address the issue

regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiaul,

I have followed your reply to the same issue that i have right now. I just tested in our test system and the system is creating seprating supply supply elements for each of the requirements. My MRP typoe on the mateiral is PD.

For ex: we put VSF for 5000EA, did not run MRP. then sales order comes in for 6000EA. Then i ran MRP and i see that there are two separate purchase requsitions created (we buy this material, thats why the requsition). so in order to make the sales order consume the forecast VSF and not create two seprate requsitions, what config seetting needs to happen. I was not clear on ytour menu path. can you plz help .

Thanks

anusha