cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error in TMS communication RFC_MODIFY_R3_DESTINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

After changing a tp paremeter , the configuration distribution towards the test system fails (it is successfull towards the production system and the development system, which is the domain controller as well).

The error is a not better specified

Internal error in TMS communication

Message no. XT115

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the communication layer of the following SAP system:

System: RT1.DOMAIN_RD1(000)

Function: RFC_MODIFY_R3_DESTINATION

Error: INTERNAL_ERROR (5)

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

The following internal error occurred in the TMS communication layer:

The TMS RFC works fine, the user is ok as well.... There is no error in the syslog either in the domain controller, nor in the test system.

Can anybody help to identify the reason of this error? The stms is working but the configuration is reported as inconsistent due to this error.

Thanks a lot in advance

Dino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a Stange Problem We are facing while TMS configuration.

We are setting Up TMS as below

Dev -> QA -> Pre Prod -> Prod (With Domain Link)

For the TMSADM Password, We select the second Option ( New Password as per Note...)

TMSADM RFC is working fine from Dev to Prod System.

But it is failing from QA to Prod due to Wrong Password of TMSADM.

Since these RFCs are Autogenerated, they should be generated by Correct password which is not happening.

We Tried Deleting Entire TMS cofiguration along with TMSADM user and rebulding the same. We also tried executing TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM but still QA to Prod fails.

is there any other place where TMSADM is stored and is not deleting even if we deleted user and TMS Configuration

System Details:

SAP_BW 730 patch 4

Did anybody faced such error?
Please Advice

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For us it was the password. The password we had been using for years and seemed to work fine in all our systems had to be changed.  We used a combination of uppercase, lowercase and numbers and all worked after that.

thanks

brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brad,

We Did Tried Custom password with uppercase, lowercase and digits in it. Then we tried to use SAP's Default new password. All the same the issue was the same.

Somehow  the RFC from QA to PROD fails.

Regards,

Pramod

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

not sure if this helps but we faced similar issues in different system landscapes and the only thing that helped most of the time was to delete the TMS config via STMS, deleting all leftover RFC destinations in every single system and then recreate the TMS config from scratch (of course the config data on OS was still there).

Often it was necessary to manually insert the TMSADM password into the RFC destinations (e.g. using togl) and maybe change TMSADMs password in 000 manually either.

Could be that this would suffice in your case - I'd try this first before deleting everthing

Most of the time the whole TMS and TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM worked after that.

Never found an explanation for this behaviour ... the thing is, when there is already an inconsistency somewhere in the TMSADM passwords TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM can't work anymore.

And don't forget to repeatedly check wherther TMSADM is locked in any of the systems during these actions.

Regards

Marie

gurpreet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Marie.  Your notes helped me.

Cheers

Gurpreet

bruenu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Today I have the same Problem...always as the same fixed with the resolution from Marie...this will be SAP never fix 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Yes this is a password problem ,

actually when we create domain link both domain should put the correct password in their respective rfc's but thats not happening in this case . after creating domain link some rfc's work some not .

and this report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM  to set same password in all system is relible for small number of system. means i have one solution manager and i have 6 landscape attached by domain link and each landscape has 4 system so it means total 24 system.

and the limitation of this report is after 3 failed attempt inside program this report fails . it wont update password..

so what we did is we run this report in dbug mode .and in runtime where we were getting rc = 8 we manually change it to rc = 0 . than only we were able to sync TMSADM password in landscape.

and system below NW 7.3 has don't even this report in system.

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got the same problem today after upgrading the domain controller system to EHP6.

I solved the issue updating the TMSADM password through the whole system landscape with the report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM.

More information about how to use this report in SAP Note 1414256

Hope this information could be helpful for you guys.

Regards,

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the same boat and so far no solution. Have not tried Marias solution yet as not sure how much config we will lose if we do this. We are a big shop with many many clients. SAP is involved, but no solution yet.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I know this is an old post but it's the first hit at google for this problem, so I thought it would be nice to share our experience.

We experienced the same problem - already in two system landscapes and just, if the TMSADM doesn't have the default password but a custom one.

Unfortunately for us none of the solutions quoted here worked. Another one from the internet suggested to delete the TMSUP destination for and in the system the error occured in. But that didn't work either.

So our final solution: We had to reset the whole TMS configuration - than it worked again.

We assume the TMS somehow had a wrong TMSADM password stored somewhere inside - maybe through a wrong initial configuation.

Though we reset the password of TMSADM several times via STMS and deleted and regenerated the RFC destinations - in the affected system as well as on the domain controller system - it didn't work anyway.

Only deleting the whole TMS config and reconnect it to the domain controller system helped us.

Hope we could help someone else before investing hours of work and search as we did

Best wishes

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dino,

Please once again select the System overview and activate the Distribute all system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dino,

If this is happening with only one system which is trying to trust to domain controller please delete that and re join that back.

The TMS RFC are auto generated and should have TMSADM entry in Security tab along with client 000. We can not edit them where are we can re generate them by recreating the TMS.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the "TMS alert viewer"..

And also check the parameter " SAPDBHOST "

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The OS is Windows 2008 Enterprise 64 bit, and all thr systems in the landscape are installed on the same OS. MS SQL 2008 is the db.

It looks like the function RFC_MODIFY_R3_DESTINATION cannot be executed on the test system. The TMSADMIN user has been assigned with SAP_ALL authorizations, but no result...

Edited by: Dino Dose on Oct 11, 2010 1:59 PM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i found the solution of this problem.. So thought to post here

Login into Domain controller

Check the RFC Connection TMSUPSID.DOMAIN_SID

Click on Logon Security tab of this rfc

Check the Logon Screen box is checked and there is no user id stored over there.

After that try to configure the Transport.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope your new server is installed in different OS as the current one.

Kindly share the OS,DB details.

regards

Vagesan