Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules

kp_25
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a workflow which sends a mail when notification is saved.

I need to add a rule with some defect locations added and some agents attached to it. I have created a rule for this .

Can some one let me know where to attach this rule in the Existing workflow. should it be attached as a separate activity or can it be placed in the existing "Mail step" in the "default Role" tab. Please do let me now .

I am really new to workflow.

Thanks,

Kamala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kp_25
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you need is a new background step before the "SEND MAIL" step. In this step, you resolve the rule into users. Then, get the e-mail addresses of the users into an internal table. Assign this internal table as the recipient of the e-mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think Rules tab will come only for dialog steps , that option is not available for mail step ,

1) Create a dialog step before the mail step , by specifying Rule ,

2) Accroding to the user decision , include the send mail step

For decision(Dialog) step :

Task : TS00300052

Bor object : Decision

Method : Process

Edited by: vijayareddy on Oct 13, 2010 12:40 PM

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way you presented issue was quite impressive that

1. You have created a rule (

2. You know about mail step in the workflow

3. You know what is a activity

I am really new to workflow.

BUt this is not fair after knowing all the above you are confused in assgining the rule....

Regards

Pavan

kp_25
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

the point is the mail step in the work flow does not have a place to attach my rule to it. and i am stuck at how to proceed.

Thanks,

Kamala

Edited by: kamala bhavani on Oct 13, 2010 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kamala,

Double click the Task in the workflow template, the Task details will displays. Select the 'Control' Tab, in the Agents box click the drop down and it will show you the Rule.

Just select the rule and Enter the corresponding rule ID in the input field.

If you use User decision step, then check the Decision tab instead of Control Tab.

Also, please read the SAP Help document before starting any developments in workflow. It will avoid the Basic Question's.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Viji.