cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR message to Buyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement the GR message notification functions to Buyers. I have maintained all the configuration details -MLGR -Output type with access sequence as in standard sAP settings , condition tables 071. Created Condition Records throu Mn21 for MLGR with MP partner. At this point no special text is being maintained for the message .

While creation of PO , The " GR Message" indicator is Checked in PO header under Delivery / Invoice tab. We would like the Buyer to be notified through SAP Inbox about the GR message for corresponding POs.

I am unable to get any message. Can anyone who has implemented this functionlity , tell me what's more need to be done or any other technical settings need to be completed.Do we need to maintain more information in Condition record details ?

Pls let me know the details in this regard for activation of this functionality.

Thanks in advance ,

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

NavyCNICNAF
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had the same problem. We have been on SAP since 4.5B and somewhere along the line the partner functions got "messed up". We are on ECC 6.0 now.

Check the V_TPAUM table and make sure that HS (technical name) is mapped to MN (english name). Ours was mapped to MP which conflicted with the MP (technical name) partner. MP is the mail partner you need to use in the MLGR configuration so this conflict resulting in SAP not being able to determine the partner number/name.

In SAPLV61B in form XNAST_FUELLEN (around lines 360-420) the system is set to delete the MLGR (or any mail condition) where it cannot find the partner. If you add MLGR manually, the system issues the message that the partner cannot be determined.

Hope this helps someone,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For my client ,when ever there is a return a mail has to go to buyer and vendor ,for that i created new message type by copying existing MLGR and and assigned this to procedure and cretaed condition record for new message type.

the problem is when i use MB01 and given new message type system is not picking buyer e-mail and vendor e-mail id.it is giving error as MAiling partner not found or Object is empty.

can you help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you correctly setup the partners / e-mail address using

ME ME-Buyer ( e-mail from purchasing group )

MP MP-Mail partner

for your output type ?

Did you use simple mail ?

rgds

Dirk

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it work if you send it manually?

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam not getting mails after GR posting. Am I missing something while creation of Condition Record in the Communication details? Do I need to maintain any specific details there?

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Krish

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets try to isolate the problem:

-If you send a message manually, does it work?

-Is the message determination failing?

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I Send manually -say thro MB02, Its getting failed ( remarks maintain Recepient in the communication details.Recepient maintenance authorization is locked for my user id).

I am not able to get the mails in my sap inbox for GR posted. Is there any specific ways of maintaining the Texts for Email .I maintained simple texts though `Define Output types ' for MLGR Message type .

Message determination is working for other message types,but as per SAP standard automatic mails should have come to PO creator once GR posted if everything works fine.Can you tell me the details to be maintained while creation of condition record with commmunication details etc (MN21). As I think , Other Configs are fine.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First I think you should have authorization for that. It may be one of the reasons.

Additionally, how is your condition record set up for this example? Which partner are you using?

If you send an email out of the system, via list/send does it go out? (checking if your mail server is properly configured for emails)

Also, if you are trying to send an email message to a user ID it may require that the user have its email address maintained in SU01.

Let me know,

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct Authorization may be one of the reasons.

Condition record is Set up for MLGR through MN21-GR message -X, YES,Partner Function -MP,Medium-7,Time-4 With no details in Communication details -in Recepient field -for access reasons.

Mail Partner Function -I am using.(MP).

I think mail access / authorization is one of the reasons for not getting mails.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, I think you should take a look at the problem of authorization.

The process of using output type MLGR is that a mail is sent to the buyer through the purchase group entered in the PO.

Check in IMG>MM>Purchasing>Creating Purchase Groups.

An email address should have been maintained there.

Alternatively, try creating an output entry using Medium 7 (as you did), but partner function $1, BU or ME. This should trigger an email to the Buyer who created the order.

This may require you to configure these partner functions for the particular output type. I suggest you make a copy of MLGR.

Cheers,

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SAP 4.6. We have separate custom table where we maintain the Purchasing group details with Email ID & SAP user ID.

Your information is really helpful. I had already used that option .I think something is missing in settings ..I am checking with Basis team.

Thanks again for your all information.

Regards,

Krish