5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2010 7:17 PM by Sandra Ransom RSS

JDBC Driver Not Found

Sandra Ransom
Currently Being Moderated

I know this topic has been posted multiple times across forums so I apologize.  I swear I'm doing everything I thought I had to do but I'm still not having any luck.

I have Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 installed on my machine and we are running an Oracle 11g database.  I am running java sdk 1.6.

I am trying to create an oracle JDBC connection in the Crystal Reports Designer.

I set it up with the following information:

Connection URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb:1521:MNT64

Database Classname: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (I've also tried oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver)

I hit next and the service comes up as devdb and then I can enter a username/password.

I get the 'JDBC Driver Not Found' error when I click Finish.

Now, I modified CRConfig.xml's classpath to include this under the JavaServer-Configuration section::

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/ojdbc6.jar;$</Classpath>

I also copied ojdbc6.jar from C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\jdbc\lib to the external folder for Business Objects.

I still get the error. 

One thing I have thought of is my machine currently also has Crystal Reports Designer version 9 and 11 installed since I have to support crystal for multiple versions of our product and am still playing with 2008.  Maybe this is causing issues?

Any ideas?

• Re: JDBC Driver Not Found
    Ashwini Kumar Humbi

Hi kisetta

Try

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external\ojdbc6.jar;$</Classpath>

Regards

Ashwini

Sandra Ransom

Unfortunately that doesn't make a difference - also the rest of the classpath uses the same format with the forward slashes instead of having the path use all backwards slashes.

Edited by: kisetta on Oct 26, 2010 8:22 PM

Ashwini Kumar Humbi

Hi Kisetta

General steps to configure JDBC connectivity,

1. Copy the ojdbc6.jar file from C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\jdbc\lib and past it into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\lib\external.

2. Opened the CRConfig.xml file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java and APPEND classpath with following (under the JavaServer-Configuration section)

;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/ojdbc6.jar

But Make sure that you are using correct JDBC driver, see following chart

classes12.jar - for Java 1.2 and 1.3

ojdbc14.jar - for Java 1.4 and 1.5

ojdbc5.jar - for Java 1.5

ojdbc6.jar - for Java 1.6

i,e make sure that BOE is using 1.6 Java. OR use the relevent JDBC driver based on JAVA version.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ashwini

Dirk-Jan van Gerwen

I've had a similar problem connecting to Postgresql through JDBC.

Initially I downloaded their JDBC4 driver and placing it in all ext-folders I could find, I only got the "Driver not found"-message.

Yesterday, I considered using their JDBC3 version (for pre-1.6 Java) and suddenly it worked.

Apparently, CR2008 doesn't use Java 1.6 yet...

Actions