cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver Not Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this topic has been posted multiple times across forums so I apologize. I swear I'm doing everything I thought I had to do but I'm still not having any luck.

I have Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 installed on my machine and we are running an Oracle 11g database. I am running java sdk 1.6.

I am trying to create an oracle JDBC connection in the Crystal Reports Designer.

I set it up with the following information:

Connection URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb:1521:MNT64

Database Classname: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (I've also tried oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver)

I hit next and the service comes up as devdb and then I can enter a username/password.

I get the 'JDBC Driver Not Found' error when I click Finish.

Now, I modified CRConfig.xml's classpath to include this under the JavaServer-Configuration section::

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/ojdbc6.jar;$</Classpath>

I also copied ojdbc6.jar from C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\jdbc\lib to the external folder for Business Objects.

I still get the error.

One thing I have thought of is my machine currently also has Crystal Reports Designer version 9 and 11 installed since I have to support crystal for multiple versions of our product and am still playing with 2008. Maybe this is causing issues?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had a similar problem connecting to Postgresql through JDBC.

Initially I downloaded their JDBC4 driver and placing it in all ext-folders I could find, I only got the "Driver not found"-message.

Yesterday, I considered using their JDBC3 version (for pre-1.6 Java) and suddenly it worked.

Apparently, CR2008 doesn't use Java 1.6 yet...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

As soon as I copied ojdbc5.jar and changed the CRConfig.XML file to reference that new jar instead of the one corresponding to Java 1.6 (odbc6.jar) it was fine! Didn't even have to re-install my SDK to be 1.5.

So I guess Crystal 2008 just doesn't like Java 1.6!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AKHUMBI
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi kisetta

Try

<Classpath>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external\ojdbc6.jar;$</Classpath>

Regards

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately that doesn't make a difference - also the rest of the classpath uses the same format with the forward slashes instead of having the path use all backwards slashes.

Edited by: kisetta on Oct 26, 2010 8:22 PM

AKHUMBI
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kisetta

General steps to configure JDBC connectivity,

1. Copy the ojdbc6.jar file from C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\jdbc\lib and past it into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java\lib\external.

2. Opened the CRConfig.xml file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\java and APPEND classpath with following (under the JavaServer-Configuration section)

;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/ojdbc6.jar

But Make sure that you are using correct JDBC driver, see following chart

classes12.jar - for Java 1.2 and 1.3

ojdbc14.jar - for Java 1.4 and 1.5

ojdbc5.jar - for Java 1.5

ojdbc6.jar - for Java 1.6

i,e make sure that BOE is using 1.6 Java. OR use the relevent JDBC driver based on JAVA version.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ashwini