cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise capture during MIGO for domestic purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I thank the forum members for posting lot of suggestions on the captioned subject. After referring to all of them and making

the necessary customization in ECC6 for TAXINN, I have come across some problems and request you to give your

valuable suggestions. While doing MIGO, I get a popup for Commercial Invoice No. and date and after filling them alongwith delivery challan no. etc, the excise invoice tab is not opening in the MIGO screen. However, the GR document is posted

without errors. When I try to create Excise Invoice through J1IEX, the system pops up for commercial invoice number.

For capturing excise against purchase order, the system gives the message that the commercial invoice has not been

created when I give the commercial invoice number given in MIGO. Whereas, when I give material document number for GR reference, the screen for excise opens without any excise duty values. When I try to input the values manually and press enter, the values goes off and I could not proceed.

Thanks in advance for valuable suggestions ASAP.

Sadashivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you are working on imports. For imports before you do GR MIRO doc has to be posted for customs clearance. This MIRO document has to be enterd in the commercial invoice field. Then system will copy these values into the repective excise values.

Regards

Naveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satasivan ,

Have you maintained the default condition types in CIN Customizing? If not , you maintain the condition types to be captured in MIGO there and also configure "classify condition types " in Tax on Goods Purchase.

Then , you check in MIGO whether the values are flowing or not..

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Default Condition types are maintained in "Classify Condition types". The rate is calculated as per FV11 in PO and is displayed in taxes in Invoice tab of PO. But the same amount is not captured in MIGO when we check in excise tab when we choose

capture and post excise invoice.

Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done thorugh Customization while creating Excise group under MIGO tab there check box EI post during MIGO. Enables users in manufacturing plants to post incoming excise invoices in the standard Goods Movement transaction,(MIGO) Since when you post an excise invoice, the system creates an entry in register RG 23A or RG 23C (manufacturing plants) depending upon material and master data maintained in J1ID.

Activate this function only if the users working with this transaction are familiar with the excise duty system.if you enable it will allow to capture and post Excise invoice during MIGO.It all depnds on the client requirement.

Now coming to your issue commercial invoice reference appears only in case of Import procurement where you are capturing planned delivery cost as Excise = CVD. Then system will generate no which is commercial invoice No you to refer this invoice on for posting Excise through J1IEX.

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are procuring domestic materials (using domestic pricing schema) commercial invoice pop up box should not come.You need to remove the CVD condition types from your domestic pricing schema to avoid this.

While coming to GRN & Excise invoice caputure there are some options like 1.capture Excise, 2.Refer excise , 3.Only part 1 etc.,

For your scenario while doing GRN select Only Part 1 and now you can capture and post the excise invoice in J1IEX transaction.

Hope this will be helpful to your doubt.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to BUDV/Naveen/Subham for the prompt reply. I made the changes to capture and post EI in MIGO in excise group settings and removed the CVD conditions in calculation schema and now the commercial invoice pop is not coming. But during MIGO in this process, the client wants to capture the BED, AED, SED automatically. When the Excise Invoice tab opens in MIGO, it is blank although the Base amount is shown from the assessable value given in J1ID. They does not want to enter the BED,AED, SED field manually in the warehouse doing the GRN transaction. The rate has been given for condition types in FV11 which comes as taxes in Invoice tab. But the same rate is not linked in Excise invoice tab in MIGO. Can you please enlighten me where to make the relative settings for automatic calculation of BED, AED, SED, Cess based on assessable value during MIGO?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sadashivan

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained ed tax code in purchase order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeyakanthan,

TAXINN procedure is being followed and V0 input tax is created. The condition types for BED, AED, SED are maintained

in TAXINN procedure and the relative rate is maintained in FV11. In PO, invoice tab, V0 is entered. Taxes are calculated.

When doing MIGO, these BED, AED and SED are not updated in excise tab. Hope you meant the same. Kindly advise how to capture these duties automatically

Thanks & Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check master data of Material & ChapId combination is avl in J1ID and also Cenvat determination.

With regards,

Jeeva

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check ZTAXINN pricing procedure ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeeva,

Chapter ID, Material Code combination and Cenvat Determination maintained. In PO, invoice tab, the taxes as per TAXINN are captured for the condition types but when MIGO is done, the same is not capture in Excise tab.

Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvdv,

As per your suggestion, I have removed the Custom/CVD conditions in the PO calculation schema. Although the excise invoice tab is there while doing MIGO, they dont capture the Excise rate automatically for BED, AED and SED condition types although they are displayed in tax in Invoice tab of PO. Now when I created another pricing procedure for Imports with the Custom/CVD conditions, the system is not giving any pop up for commercial invoice number, although the planned delivery costs are coming in MIRO. System shows also shows an error that tax code VO is not created for TAXINN or assigned to Company Code.

Your valuable suggestions please.

Thanks & Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeeva,

Any suggestion to customize for automatically populating the BED, SED and AED fields in Excise Tab of MIGO ?

The Base value comes from J1ID. But the relative calculations done through TAXINN are not coming in Excise Tab.

I have check all other areas in customization.

Thanks & Regards,

Sadashivan