Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Question on Role Deletion !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to delete a role from say 100 posistions. How can this be done? From PFCG or SU01 its not posible. I kno wit can be done through going into individual posistion but doing it for so many users is cumbersome. Do you strike on something similar to SU10 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can use this program SE38 --> RHRHDC00, this can be used for mass relationship deletion , I use this report for removing roles from positions .

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dheeraj

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I want to delete a role from say 100 posistions. How can this be done? From PFCG or SU01 its not posible. I kno wit can be done through going into individual posistion but doing it for so many users is cumbersome. Do you strike on something similar to SU10 ?

You might be able to do it with SECATT running PFCG since there is a search button for position number. Give it a shot but I'm sure it will take a few tries but it should work. No red propellers here just black binoculars

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can use this program SE38 --> RHRHDC00, this can be used for mass relationship deletion , I use this report for removing roles from positions .

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dheeraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

This does looks very promising. All that needs to be done is fill in the Object ID or should teh plan version and so on needs to be filled ?

0 Kudos

Hello ,

Here are the steps:

u2022 Run the Se38-- RHRHDC00

u2022 Give the object ID like S for positions and plan version

u2022 Give the list of positions which you want to delete

u2022 It will show all the relations attached to the position

u2022 Filter it by the role (if you want to delete roles )

u2022 Select and delete roles attached to position in one-shot

Hope this helps

Thanks

DK

0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

I am yet to get to the this task. will let you know.

0 Kudos

>

> Hello ,

>

> Here are the steps:

> u2022 Run the Se38-- RHRHDC00

> u2022 Give the object ID like S for positions and plan version

> u2022 Give the list of positions which you want to delete

> u2022 It will show all the relations attached to the position

> u2022 Filter it by the role (if you want to delete roles )

> u2022 Select and delete roles attached to position in one-shot

>

> Hope this helps

> Thanks

> DK

Nice work! I could have used this last year.

0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

I did attempt your suggestion:

1. Firstly the title is " Delete individual planing records '' (this itself gave me second thoughts but went ahead)

2. The Object ID cannot be entered as "S". "S" is the object type.

3. So I filled in the plan version, Object type "S" and gave a posistion that does have the role that needs to be delted. on executing, I get a huge list !! - how does one single out the role from this list -. you said we can filter -- where ?? I coudl not see any filter on the role.

FYI- I went wit hSA38 and not SE38- this makes no difference though.

0 Kudos

>

I get a huge list !! - how does one single out the role from this list -. you said we can filter -- where ?? I coudl not see any filter on the role.

>

George,

On the huge list you should get a "Set Filter" button or hit CTRL+F5 or Edit->Set Filter. Select column set "Variation field" and click on left arrow to select->click on filter button "2nd Step: Determine Values for Filter Criteria"->enter the Variable field for the role "AG???" then check mark.

It actually works pretty good.

Edited by: John Navarro on Oct 18, 2010 10:22 PM

Edited by: John Navarro on Oct 18, 2010 10:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj -- This worked like a charm !! excellent run I had..infact I had countless posistions to eb deleted of a set of role !

Thanks again to you too Jon !